Pause & Wait Characters Not Working

I have a 2010 RX and use a Verizon Droid. I can't get the system to recognize the "pause" and "wait" characters when dialing out. It just ignores them. Anyone else having this problem?

Yep, same problem with an iPhone. Makes it impossible to call in to voice mail systems when car is rolling.

I have a 2010 RX and use a Verizon Droid. I can't get the system to recognize the "pause" and "wait" characters when dialing out. It just ignores them. Anyone else having this problem?

Yep, same problem with an iPhone. Makes it impossible to call in to voice mail systems when car is rolling.

I am having the same problem with my wife's brand new 2010 RX 350 when I enter an extension number directly into the phone book using the pause symbol. Can anyone help, please?

OK FOLKS HERE IS THE ANSWER - AND YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LIKE IT.

I went to the dealer yesterday and saw their "bluetooth expert".. He says this is a known issue and they are hoping to get a software fix from Lexus. There is no workaround at this point. Makes the bluetooth useless for calling in to voicemail, although you still can input the wait or pause and the following numbers from your phone.