1994 Es300 Door Handle Won't Catch

halo1982

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with this problem. Anyway the drivers side door handle on my 94 ES300 won't catch, so I went to the dealer and ordered that $7.25 plastic clip. It should come in tomorrow, and I've been able to remove the door panel easily, but now my question is where the hell does this thing go? :blink:

If anyone can give me some sort of loose guide to it I would be greatful..the dealer wants $200-$400 and I know what I'm doing for the most part, but I'm a bit stumped. Thanks.

If you were able to remove the door panel easily, then it should be easy to remove the passenger door panel, too. Use the intack door handle assembly in the passenger door for a guide as to where the clip goes in the drivers door.

steviej

thanks, not a bad idea.

i have to ask, is this piece just exposed or is it hidden under other stuff (like that large black metal piece or yellow plastic piece) because when i look at the insides it doesn't seem that theres anything wrong...but i haven't tried taking anything else apart.