Windshield Washer Dashboard Light

Green Hornet

Good morning. I am a new member who owns a 2000 LS400. Got about 155500 miles on her and she is running strong. I am having a problem with the low washer fluid warning light on the dash. Namely that no matter how full the washer bottle is, it is always on. It is more an irritant than anything else but it bugs me to see the light on all the time. Once in awhile it goes off but not for long.

I spoke with Lexus and they said it is a $380.00 fix which didn't make me smile. My mechanic said that he would have to remove the cladding under the engine to get to the switch which might be an all day job. I figured there might be a better, and easier way so when I found you guys (great site by the way),I joined up immediately hoping I could get some tips and maybe add a few along the way. Has this problem happen to any of you and if so, how did you handle it. Thanks in advance.

Easy fix. It happened on my 99 LS400. If all you care about is getting the light turned off.

1> Jack up car and remove front driver side wheel.

2 Remove several bolts from inside cover, enough to be able to reach inside under the fluid reservoir.

3 Disconnect elec. connector from bottom of reservoir.

4 Put everything back.

Apparently the float inside the reservoir is getting stuck. You could replace the whole thing but I was happy with just having the light off.

I agree, you can just unplug it easily. If you want to replace it, go buy one at the dealer and do it yourself. It is just as easy, I haven't seen the later models but early ones the float just pushes into the tank with a grommet. It is definitely not an all day job, an hour at best.

Easy fix. It happened on my 99 LS400. If all you care about is getting the light turned off.

1> Jack up car and remove front driver side wheel.

2 Remove several bolts from inside cover, enough to be able to reach inside under the fluid reservoir.

3 Disconnect elec. connector from bottom of reservoir.

4 Put everything back.

Apparently the float inside the reservoir is getting stuck. You could replace the whole thing but I was happy with just having the light off.

Great! Thanks for the tip. I will do that as I don't need the dash to remind me about washer fluid.

I agree, you can just unplug it easily. If you want to replace it, go buy one at the dealer and do it yourself. It is just as easy, I haven't seen the later models but early ones the float just pushes into the tank with a grommet. It is definitely not an all day job, an hour at best.

Thank you. I will do just that; either unplug it or buy another and replace it myself. Appreciate all of the support.