Navi Question

Thanks in advance for any help. I've read the manual, read posts, and am still having trouble.

Basically, I want to know the quickest/easiest way to find a list of the closest Starbucks while driving. It seems like the most basic function to me, but I just can't get the system to do it. Perhaps part of the problem is that I've been using a Garmin for some time and haven't grasped a new system. Also, I'm stupid.

In any event, I'd very much appreciate any guidance. No pun intended. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance for any help. I've read the manual, read posts, and am still having trouble.

Basically, I want to know the quickest/easiest way to find a list of the closest Starbucks while driving. It seems like the most basic function to me, but I just can't get the system to do it. Perhaps part of the problem is that I've been using a Garmin for some time and haven't grasped a new system. Also, I'm stupid.

I have had the same problem. The only way that I have found around it is to pull over and stop. Then all of the features become active again. I guess it's a safty thing they don't want you fooling with it while driving.

Would like to hear if their is a way around it.

• 1 year later...

You could try the following voice commands after pressing the Voice button:

"Command List" "Show Coffee Houses"

This should light up icons for coffee houses, including Starbucks. Then you can use the Remote Touch to click on one of them, press Enter, then Go To. At that point the navigation will prepare a route for you.

I got this from the Navigation manual page 55, and then the chart of commands from pages 56 to 63

If you go to Starbucks often enough, you could leave the Coffee House icons lit up all the time...

• 1 month later...

I have had the same problem. The only way that I have found around it is to pull over and stop. Then all of the features become active again. I guess it's a safty thing they don't want you fooling with it while driving.

Would like to hear if their is a way around it.

I don't think you're stupid, Lexus is. They designed the car as your mother , to prevent you from hurting yourself. There is an override available here is the link...............http://www.prestigioussociety.com/. I installed this myself. They seem to be available 24/7 in case you need help. I have owned 4 RX's....this is my last. They have eliminated good features that were on previous models. The RX is no longer a luxury suv. Lexus is NOT pursuing perfection....they are pursuing the dollar.