Ddm Tuning - Slim Ballast Hid Conversion Kit?

Hi, after some research on brands and prices I kind of decided to go with the DDM Slim Ballast (35W in either 5000K or 6000K)

Does anybody have had experience with them? If so, for how long have you had them, and how do you like it?

Also, anybody know where it's made-in?

As well, is their "life-time warranty" legit, or just BS?

The price is pretty decent right now since it's 50% off from their own site: DDM Slim Ballast

Another question is, what do you guys think of 5000K vs 6000K?

I do want a little tint of blue that's why I'm not considering 4300K, but I've read reviews on 6000K being too "bait" and it's not as good for visibility in the rain. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi, after some research on brands and prices I kind of decided to go with the DDM Slim Ballast (35W in either 5000K or 6000K)

Does anybody have had experience with them? If so, for how long have you had them, and how do you like it?

Also, anybody know where it's made-in?

As well, is their "life-time warranty" legit, or just BS?

The price is pretty decent right now since it's 50% off from their own site: DDM Slim Ballast

Another question is, what do you guys think of 5000K vs 6000K?

I do want a little tint of blue that's why I'm not considering 4300K, but I've read reviews on 6000K being too "bait" and it's not as good for visibility in the rain. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

The problem is that DDM is constantly changing the components used in their HID kits in order to sell cheaper and cheaper products. The ballast that they are currently selling is a DC ballast which will burn out the bulb rather quickly. It does not have any EMI filters which means that you will have radio interference and is knows to have caused power steering interference as well.

Lifetime warranty - A warranty is only good as long as the business stays in business. Furthermore, you need to figure in the costs and time involved with sending components back and forth (shipping costs) and your time in diagnosing what is actually causing the problem (sometimes a bumper removal is necessary).

I would suggest looking at our Volt HID kits.

We have set up a coupon code for this forum so that members receive a $25 discount. All they need to do is type in coupon code "LOC" upon checkout :-)

As for color temperature, what type of Lexus are you looking to install the kit in?

Steve