Sign in to follow this  
RX in NC

Why The Change In The Site Graphics?

Admins,

Why the dramatic change in the site graphics today? Maybe it's just me but the site now loads and navigates much slower, the screens are more cumbersome to find my way around in, and some of the font appears too light or faint to read very well. I'm all for improvements, but I'm not sure these are truly improvements at this point....

hi

The site is loading slow because the server is doing rebuilds. In order to keep site down to a minimum we have repopned it while we are still working on the website.

Please list what parts of the text you are having problems with and we'll take a look.

We have to upgrade to keep the site software up to date, the forum software has now been launched to version 3. The older version will soon be unsupported, therefor making the site insecure as there will no longer be any updates for version 2.

The site will speed up once the server has completed the tasks.

I guess the server is done doing what it needed to since it's plenty fast on my computer.

Within a few days you'll find puttering around the new site just as easy as the old site...

I like the new site. It will take a little time to get used to, thanks for doing a great job on this site, very helpful. Site comes up fast, I got dsl, att, 3.0 and works great. thanks again, and have a great day/night.

Tim

Is there a way to change the skin? The light blue on white is very hard to read in a lighted area.

My biggest problem remains the greyscale font. Any words appearing in light grey are almost impossible to read on my monitor. Lose the greyscale and show all font in basic black, please....

I dont like the new look, I enjoyed the old site format more, because I could see new postings immediately and even if the posting was not in my forum I could contribute if I found it interesting....This format reminds me of if you speak english press 1, and etc. Sorry Steve just my two cents. I also find it too cumbersome to read post, you have to select each post...sucks big time. It was so much easier to scroll with the mouse on the old site.

sounds like you are viewing in the wrong viewing mode,

You need to go to your profile

Then look at bottom

See image to make sure you select Standard

post-4-126996529823_thumb.jpg

Steve, evertime I select Standard it appears, but then when I save changes it goes back to outline? Help....

Ok Steve I am still having difficulty. The Standard selection will not select....It says it does when I save it but immediately jumps back to outline....Thanks Tom

Try clearing your browser cookies and temporary internet files and try again...

Ok Steve I am still having difficulty. The Standard selection will not select....It says it does when I save it but immediately jumps back to outline....Thanks Tom

Make sure you have cookies enabled even if it's just for the session.

Thankyou guys, I just learned something new. It works....

That happened to me one time a while back...no idea why it all of a sudden happens at random but it does.