Remote Trunk Opener Quit

The remote trunk opener button has stopped working in my beloved 1993 GS300.

Does anyone know if this is a mechanical (cable, perhaps) operation that is just stretched and needs adjustment, or is it an electric servo motor or ???

Dennis

hey what's going on, i'm sorry to hear about the trunk. i don't think it's a cable. i actually think there's a servo motor that releases the latch when you hit that little button by your leg. if it was a cable, i think it would have been on the floor with a bigger lever and with a wider range when you pulled on it. it won't open probably because you burnt out the servo on the trunk unit. you can either take all the plastic trim off and check out the server by running some power to it. if it moves, then your button probably broke. either take out the housing where the button is held and clean off the contancts to see if that will get it working again, if not, then you'll know where the problem is. well good luck and again, my condolences to the trunk.

Hey - Twinturbo619: First, that's a beautiful (93 GS?) I think you have there in the photo... same color as mine, but I haven't done any body mods. Second, thanks for the advice, and I kind of expected it wasn't a lever and cable affair, but instead a servo... I will have to have my Lexus guy look at it.

I thought mine was fast. I can only imagine a Twin Turbo!

Dennis

Hey - Twinturbo619: First, that's a beautiful (93 GS?) I think you have there in the photo... same color as mine, but I haven't done any body mods. Second, thanks for the advice, and I kind of expected it wasn't a lever and cable affair, but instead a servo... I will have to have my Lexus guy look at it.

I thought mine was fast. I can only imagine a Twin Turbo!

Dennis

thanks for the compliment Dennis. you're right, it is a 93. if you're interested in any of the parts you see on my car, let me know what's up. i have a good connect up in japan, florida, and L.A. for stuff. depending on their load, i can probably get you some good deals. Well i hope all goes well with the servo. I haven't had that problem yet so when it arises, i know who to contact. Take care buddy.

Doh! Is my face red! I checked the owner's manual and noted that the remote trunk opener can be locked by that key spot near it on the lower dash, put the key in it and unlocked it - Voila! Everything works fine now... It appears my wife, who hardly ever drives the car, accidentally pushed in the lock button the other night.

It turns out that the servo in the owner was the problem!

Dennis

Doh! Is my face red! I checked the owner's manual and noted that the remote trunk opener can be locked by that key spot near it on the lower dash, put the key in it and unlocked it - Voila! Everything works fine now... It appears my wife, who hardly ever drives the car, accidentally pushed in the lock button the other night.

It turns out that the servo in the owner was the problem!

Dennis

oh yeah, forgot about that key hole. never thought about that. i wouldn't think anyone would push that sucker in anyway. well there you go. no more worries. now it's time to punish the wifey for giving you all that grief =)