Turbo Decsion

can someone please give me some advice bout the turbos for these cars. im wanting to know if i should buy the turbonetics one for 4k or is it safe to get one of the ones for around 1k am i going to get the same perfomance? or are the turbonetics just better quality and perform better?

can someone please give me some advice bout the turbos for these cars. im wanting to know if i should buy the turbonetics one for 4k or is it safe to get one of the ones for around 1k am i going to get the same perfomance? or are the turbonetics just better quality and perform better?

You'll get the same performance, it's just the name you're buying. The performance depends on turbo size also, there are many different size for turbos. If you put a turbo into an NA car, don't expect to just buy the turbo and slapping it on. You'll spend way more money on turbo charging a non-turbo car than just swapping it. If you go turbo, i suggest you swap it off with a turbo motor.

You'll get the same performance, it's just the name you're buying. The performance depends on turbo size also, there are many different size for turbos. If you put a turbo into an NA car, don't expect to just buy the turbo and slapping it on. You'll spend way more money on turbo charging a non-turbo car than just swapping it. If you go turbo, i suggest you swap it off with a turbo motor.

i dont want to have to hassle with motor swapping i know a mechanic that can prolly install it for me im just trying to get around 350hp or more and a turbo kit and exhaust seems to get me there this is the link of the turbo im thinking of buying if its worth it i know there is some parts missing but this see,s to be one of the best deals and it doesnt look like its junk

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?S...250-90-SH250-90

i dont want to have to hassle with motor swapping i know a mechanic that can prolly install it for me im just trying to get around 350hp or more and a turbo kit and exhaust seems to get me there this is the link of the turbo im thinking of buying if its worth it i know there is some parts missing but this see,s to be one of the best deals and it doesnt look like its junk

Actually that's a sucker turbo kit. I reccomend you doing alot of research first. If you looked at that kit and thought " Wow, cool, and only a grand!" then you need to go to turbo 101 school first.

here is the same kit.....just less

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T67-Turbo-k...sQ5fAccessories

k well i looked alittle more and found this

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Custom/Turbo-Charger-Kit/2JZGE-Turbocharger-Kit/549115/

im thinking bout buying this and selling the turbo it somes with and getting a smaller one so my car could still be a daily driver and so the motor could hande it without being rebuild

and also think it would be ok to put a turbo if my motor has 134k miles if i only run like 8psi?

k well i looked alittle more and found this

http://www.streetbea...ger-Kit/549115/

im thinking bout buying this and selling the turbo it somes with and getting a smaller one so my car could still be a daily driver and so the motor could hande it without being rebuild

and also think it would be ok to put a turbo if my motor has 134k miles if i only run like 8psi?

You'll need that kit, plus

Fuel management system

larger fuel injectors

Walbro fuel pump

new 3'' full flow exhaust system

ugraded valvlebody for the transmission and boost the line pressure (assuming you have an automatic trans.)

new torque converter (assuming you have an automatic trans.)

Digital Boost controller

an AF meter

full dyno retune

and more tuning after

and more tuning.

then fine tuning.

And you think all that will only cost how much?

no its a 5spd i dont know im just wanting to have a complete turbo kit and installed and tuned and have at least over 325hp so just guessing what im a lookin at price whise cause im just loookin for the best deal for a turbo kit cause they r all so freakinexpensive for lexusim just lookin for some advice im not wanting to have to spend like 6 grand or watever to get a turbo in my car i mean i only got a min wage job lol and im gettin money for this turbo by selling my old car just whatever will work but i dont want any cheap parts tho just seems easier to swap a jdm twin t into it

no its a 5spd i dont know im just wanting to have a complete turbo kit and installed and tuned and have at least over 325hp so just guessing what im a lookin at price whise cause im just loookin for the best deal for a turbo kit cause they r all so freakinexpensive for lexusim just lookin for some advice im not wanting to have to spend like 6 grand or watever to get a turbo in my car i mean i only got a min wage job lol and im gettin money for this turbo by selling my old car just whatever will work but i dont want any cheap parts tho just seems easier to swap a jdm twin t into it

For the budget your talking about, you would be better off selling your current car, and buying one with a turbo motor already in it. Then you can just upgrade the turbo if you want. To put a turbo in a na motor takes time and money.

I'm not sure if they used the same transmission in the non turbo as they did in the 1JZ's or not, but your probably going to have to upgrade the clutch atleast. Do you have open differential or a limited slip?

We'll I'm not gonna go get a new car with all that I only paid 300o for my car. But you think it would be better to just buy tha jdm 2jzgte w/ tha 6 SPd tranny or get a turbo kit. Cause I can't sell this car and I have bout 5000 right almost 6000 saved

We'll I'm not gonna go get a new car with all that I only paid 300o for my car. But you think it would be better to just buy tha jdm 2jzgte w/ tha 6 SPd tranny or get a turbo kit. Cause I can't sell this car and I have bout 5000 right almost 6000 saved

Then I would buy the 2JZGTE and drivetrain, make sure you get the ECU also. That's going to save you alot of headaches and hassles. And you'll save a bunch of money at the same time.