Paint Job Question

I have Bird stains on the roof and hood of my car that bothers me much and a couple nicks on my front and rear bumper. could i get that out with like a half paint job ? like have the people buff the top layer of the hood and roof and the bumpers and repaint them ? would that do the trick ? i dont have the money to get a whole paint job but i would like to get that off my car.

Have you tried detailing (claying) out the bird-stains? This can give excellent results, although depending on how much the bird*bleep* has eaten away your top-layer.

A 'good' paintjob depends heavily on the match between new and old paint, otherwise you notice a distinct difference between bumpers/fenders etc. (better sell at night then ;) ). For the bird-part, maybe you can speak to a professional detailer first?

For the nicks; a good touch-up job can work miracles, concentrating only on nicks involved. It's hard to give a sound advice without actually seeing it, perhaps you can post some pics.