Tail Light Cover Removal

Hey guys, so the other day I was at Walmart, and when I came out back to my car (93 es300) I noticed that some nice person had kindly backed into my car busting my tail light cover all to pieces and just left it there. :cries: Its the side with the trunk lock and the es300 badge, so i priced a new one and thats going to run me around $400. The tail light still works fine other then the fact of looking bad there is nothing wrong with it. So here's my question, is there a way to pop off the plastic cover on the tail light or am i just screwed....

Thank you for any help you can give,

Josh

Hey guys, so the other day I was at Walmart, and when I came out back to my car (93 es300) I noticed that some nice person had kindly backed into my car busting my tail light cover all to pieces and just left it there.:cries: Its the side with the trunk lock and the es300 badge, so i priced a new one and thats going to run me around $400. The tail light still works fine other then the fact of looking bad there is nothing wrong with it. So here's my question, is there a way to pop off the plastic cover on the tail light or am i just screwed....

Thank you for any help you can give,

Josh

Open your trunk and remove the cover where the back part of the lights are. There should be some screws on the back. That 400 dollars tail light better be some really nice LED one. If not, better off going to the junkyard and getting one for around 30 bucks.

You should check rockauto.com before you purchase anything but I don't know what a 'tail light cover' is..

im talking about the plastic on the outside where the es300 badge should be

The taillight assembly is a factory sealed unit. You can't just take the outer cover part off and replace it. You'll need to replace the whole right side assembly. I have one (same year) that is in good physical condition. PM me if you are interested.