95 Es300 Auto-transmission Hesitation

CVN86

Hey everyone,

I've recently been having some problems with my transmission. Once I start the car and put it into drive, the transmission would hesitate and the gears would not shift smoothly. The car would jerk a few times until I actually let go of the gas. The car would shift smoothly after this has happened. There has been no problem with shifting when stopping at stop lights and accelerating. This problem usually occurs each time I first start the car. The car had absolutely no other issues other than this and I was wondering what could probably be causing this to happen? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

so you're having shifting issues when you shift to D and when you start driving like picking up speed? it jerks a bit? if that's the case it sounds like your front motor mount might be bad. Those are the symptoms i have had with my 95 es300. When you're parked and shift to D and it jerks badly then yea thats most likely your motor mount. if you put it in R and it does the same thing then your rear motor mount could be bad also. I would say get those checked out. mainly the front though since you're driving forward more than reversing. If not your motor mount then it could be the first gear in your tranny i believe, but i'm not expert.

I hope this helps.