What Is The Correct Time To Get Your Timing Belt Done On A 2002 Es 300

What Is The Correct Time To Get Your Timing Belt Done On A 2002 Es 300?

90,000 miles or 6 years -- whichever comes first. It's in your maintenance manual.

Thank you for the reply. We know the manual says 90,000 but his own Lexus mechanic is saying they can wait till 110,000. Has anyone else heard this? Is there a way to check its condition?

Thank you for the reply. We know the manual says 90,000 but his own Lexus mechanic is saying they can wait till 110,000. Has anyone else heard this? Is there a way to check its condition?

Well you did ask for the "correct time". ;)

I don't know. Believe your mechanic if you want to. Or put mileages on a dart board and throw a few.

Hey, I've alread had one timing belt trashed on a Lexus -- when a water pump seized at only 75,000 miles. I'm not one to encourage people to stretch maintenance schedules.

02 ES has an interference engine. If the timing belt breaks the damage could be very costly. Better safe than sorry.

My wife's 99 ES had the original timing belt in it until 2009 and 150,000+ miles (we bought it used and the original owner never changed the belt). So yes, they can last a long time but then again you are gambling.

I mean...whats 20,000 miles? What does it save you, money now? But its the same money you'll spend in 20,000 miles...only then you're taking a chance.

90,000 miles or 6 years...

02 ES has an interference engine. If the timing belt breaks the damage could be very costly. Better safe than sorry.

My wife's 99 ES had the original timing belt in it until 2009 and 150,000+ miles (we bought it used and the original owner never changed the belt). So yes, they can last a long time but then again you are gambling.

I am surprised to hear that the water pump lasted 150K. My car is at 120K and I will push it out a little further.

I am surprised to hear that the water pump lasted 150K. My car is at 120K and I will push it out a little further.

The mechanic said the water pump looked OK when he pulled it off, but the gasket around it was deteriorating and he said sooner or later it would have started leaking.