Lost Audio Functions

Two days ago I lost all audio functions on my 2006 RX400h. Even with the audio system off and at random times, I can hear popping from the speakers.. Then at times, audio functions will return to normal. All indications are an output amplifier intermittant but the popping with the audio system is off is a puzzle. I doubt this has any association with hybrids but I'd be interested to know if anyone else on this planet has experienced a similar problem on any Lexus model.

Dave

Two days ago I lost all audio functions on my 2006 RX400h. Even with the audio system off and at random times, I can hear popping from the speakers.. Then at times, audio functions will return to normal. All indications are an output amplifier intermittant but the popping with the audio system is off is a puzzle. I doubt this has any association with hybrids but I'd be interested to know if anyone else on this planet has experienced a similar problem on any Lexus model.

Dave

I've got a 2001 LS430 with mark levinson audio and what you are describing is what happened when the amp died on my car. replacing the amp in the LS fixed the problem. I'm not 100% sure about the RX400h.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave

I've got a 2001 LS430 with mark levinson audio and what you are describing is what happened when the amp died on my car. replacing the amp in the LS fixed the problem. I'm not 100% sure about the RX400h.

You were right on the money. Took the RX400h to Lexus yesterday and they diagnosed the problem as a shorted amp and you were right about it being a Mark Levinson audio system. I expected to have to get a secoond mortgage on the house but Lexus is covering it at their cost. Time to buy Lotto tickets I guess.