New Tires

Pat Johnson

Just bought new tires, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus, for my 02 SC 430 and so far they are GREAT. So glad to be off the run flats… Question, I have heard when changed from RF to regular tires that a wheel alignment and checking the toe on the rear tire is a must? Has anyone else heard/done this?

Just bought new tires, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus, for my 02 SC 430 and so far they are GREAT. So glad to be off the run flats… Question, I have heard when changed from RF to regular tires that a wheel alignment and checking the toe on the rear tire is a must? Has anyone else heard/done this?

Also bought new rear Michelins and the cars rear caster alignment will be put to as close to zero degrees as possible. This will reduce tire wearout on the inside tread.

Already talked to the garage and they said they can do it if they have enough adjustment to work with. I'll be happy with around a half a degree.

Pat,

I did the same thing took off the Run Flats (got tired of paying $478. per tire for the Dunlop DSST's and replaced them with the Continental DSW's, what a difference, it's amazing on how sweet the ride is. I did take my Lexus to my local garage repair guy and had him take the negative toe out of the rear end tires. (the dealer won't do this for you) These were wearing very heavily on the Run Flat inner edges - but not anymore, but before I did that I had him give me a printout of the alignment before and then after he removed the negative toe in the rear. He said it was a !Removed! to move the passenger side though. Anyway these tires haven't show a bit of wear on the edges now or even across the whole tire! Hope this help, I know you will love the new tires to put on! :D

Regards,

Blaise

Pat,

I did the same thing took off the Run Flats (got tired of paying $478. per tire for the Dunlop DSST's and replaced them with the Continental DSW's, what a difference, it's amazing on how sweet the ride is. I did take my Lexus to my local garage repair guy and had him take the negative toe out of the rear end tires. (the dealer won't do this for you) These were wearing very heavily on the Run Flat inner edges - but not anymore, but before I did that I had him give me a printout of the alignment before and then after he removed the negative toe in the rear. He said it was a !Removed! to move the passenger side though. Anyway these tires haven't show a bit of wear on the edges now or even across the whole tire! Hope this help, I know you will love the new tires to put on! :D

Regards,

Blaise

I just had the Conti. DSWs put on also. The alignment tech had a tough job getting the negative camber out of the rear passenger side also. I wonder what is going on with that. In fact he couldn't get all of it out so he left it a -1.27 degrees. This is well within specs, but he couldn't get it any closer to zero than that. My original was -2.3. Way out of spec.

I am new to the club purchased my sc 430 about 6 months ago. Does not have run flats , previous owner changed the wheel alignment and the ride is great but what have you done with the issue of a spare tire?