Trans For Built Motor?

:o Well this wek started out with a blown motor. Yep, the ol 10 lbs boost did the number on my stock motor. Well on to the (built motor) We started today. Motor is out, wires all over hell! I hope all this stuff goes back together :huh: I was also informed the trans is stinky. A good indication it's about shot as well? The shop is saying build it too while were here! I am not sure what is involved with this. I know I am out of cash and the motor is going to be put together right this time. What simple but good mods are needed? How or what can be done to build the trans to hold the new motor and 12~18 lbs of boost? I want to keep my baby. I would like to have it last for 5 years plus! BUT we need to spank a few ( think they have all that) dudes who need spanking on the road eh! I would like to thank all the guys or girls out here in post land for all the help and good posts. I will keep you all involved in this money sucking modified GS as we progress. Oh by the way the oil coming from the breather was a shot piston. We did a leak down and found number 3 piston was toast it had over 70% blow by! AH HELL whats another 12 thousand anyway? :( Thanks again guys, let me know if you have any thoughts..... :cheers:

Hey man good to hear from you! 68,000 is all. I have a feeling the car was having problems before the turbo. The turbo was on for a year. The car was more than drivable, but wanted to build the motor anyway....just not this soon I guess. I am not too sure tuner shops here in Utah realy know what the hell their doing. It was cylinder number 3 that had 70% blow by. The other were at 99~100%. Man this is going to put me right back into debt with this car......I plan on doing the trans while the motor is out. :) I hope it will run good after this is all done.... I am replacing the pistons with the turbo supra style for the GTE. I am not sure what to do for the trany? My Japanese wife has taken this good but man, she was not too happy about it. :( Oh well, on to spend some cash eh!

:o Well this wek started out with a blown motor. Yep, the ol 10 lbs boost did the number on my stock motor. Well on to the (built motor) We started today. Motor is out, wires all over hell! I hope all this stuff goes back together :huh: I was also informed the trans is stinky. A good indication it's about shot as well? The shop is saying build it too while were here! I am not sure what is involved with this. I know I am out of cash and the motor is going to be put together right this time. What simple but good mods are needed? How or what can be done to build the trans to hold the new motor and 12~18 lbs of boost? I want to keep my baby. I would like to have it last for 5 years plus! BUT we need to spank a few ( think they have all that) dudes who need spanking on the road eh! I would like to thank all the guys or girls out here in post land for all the help and good posts. I will keep you all involved in this money sucking modified GS as we progress. Oh by the way the oil coming from the breather was a shot piston. We did a leak down and found number 3 piston was toast it had over 70% blow by! AH HELL whats another 12 thousand anyway? :( Thanks again guys, let me know if you have any thoughts.....:cheers:

hey what's going on. sorry to hear about your engine and trans. well if you're going to run turbo on a stock engine and tranny, then the only thing you would have to build up is the tranny. the engine alone can take about 600-650 hp without any internals. that's a damn good engine toyota put together. as for the tranny, since it wasn't design to run that much hp, you would have to reinforce the valves inside. that or go with the toyota twinturbo tranny. it should be a direct bolt on to your gs. well hope this info is beneficial. good luck.