Driver Side Afs Issue?

mibb

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding the AFS movement on the driver side headlight. I can notice the passenger side headlight move when i turn right but when turning left I don't notice any movement of the headlight whatsoever?!? :( Has anyone else noticed this on their 07 es350? Kindly advise.

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding the AFS movement on the driver side headlight. I can notice the passenger side headlight move when i turn right but when turning left I don't notice any movement of the headlight whatsoever?!? :( Has anyone else noticed this on their 07 es350? Kindly advise.

I don't have AFS on my ES, but I bet the left light doesn't turn (much) when turning left so you aren't blinding oncoming vehicles. And I bet the right light does move to the left and it may overlap the left light, so you don't notice it that much.

I don't have AFS on my ES, but I bet the left light doesn't turn (much) when turning left so you aren't blinding oncoming vehicles. And I bet the right light does move to the left and it may overlap the left light, so you don't notice it that much.

Thanks peteanello, makes sense!

Has anyone with AFS on their ES experienced the same?

Hmm...I never noticed that my headlights actually move left-right as I turn a corner. I can't tell if it does or not. How can you really test that? Is it because it doesn't move left-right if you're driving too slowly during the turn?

Hmm...I never noticed that my headlights actually move left-right as I turn a corner. I can't tell if it does or not. How can you really test that? Is it because it doesn't move left-right if you're driving too slowly during the turn?

Hi timzter. The lights begin to move if you're driving more than 15 clicks/hr, and they do move quite well, the passenger side for me anyways and not the driver side...hence the reason for the post :(

Hi timzter. The lights begin to move if you're driving more than 15 clicks/hr, and they do move quite well, the passenger side for me anyways and not the driver side...hence the reason for the post :(

By the way, I just noticed that you have the 2010 ES350, I don't believe they have the AFS on your model.

By the way, I just noticed that you have the 2010 ES350, I don't believe they have the AFS on your model.

Well, mine is the 2010 ES 350 with the $4,955 Nav++ package. If you go through the "Build your own Lexus" on their website, after you're done, this is what you'd see. and AFS is mentioned in the Summary, but I honestly don't really notice the headlights turning left/right as I make turns.

post-57792-1268766824_thumb.jpg

Well, mine is the 2010 ES 350 with the $4,955 Nav++ package. If you go through the "Build your own Lexus" on their website, after you're done, this is what you'd see. and AFS is mentioned in the Summary, but I honestly don't really notice the headlights turning left/right as I make turns.

My appologies! I'm not sure why you don't notice the lights turning because it is quite evident on mine. There is a couple of buttons under the steering wheel that control the mechanism, maybe it has been turned off?

[My appologies! I'm not sure why you don't notice the lights turning because it is quite evident on mine. There is a couple of buttons under the steering wheel that control the mechanism, maybe it has been turned off?

If the AFS button is set to turn it off, there will be a warning displayed on the instrument panel. I tried using the button on my wife's ES350 because I didn't think hers were working either. I don't drive her car at night very much, if the AFS is working it is not obvious to me.

I read in some document that they turn more to the right than they do to the left, but I don't remember where I read that.

John

[My appologies! I'm not sure why you don't notice the lights turning because it is quite evident on mine. There is a couple of buttons under the steering wheel that control the mechanism, maybe it has been turned off?

If the AFS button is set to turn it off, there will be a warning displayed on the instrument panel. I tried using the button on my wife's ES350 because I didn't think hers were working either. I don't drive her car at night very much, if the AFS is working it is not obvious to me.

I read in some document that they turn more to the right than they do to the left, but I don't remember where I read that.

John

Correct.

In a left-hand turn, the left headlamp will pivot up to 15 degrees (the right-hand headlamp remains pointed straight ahead) and in a right-hand turn, the right headlamp will pivot up to 5 degrees (the left-hand headlamp remains pointed straight ahead).

John

Correct.

In a left-hand turn, the left headlamp will pivot up to 15 degrees (the right-hand headlamp remains pointed straight ahead) and in a right-hand turn, the right headlamp will pivot up to 5 degrees (the left-hand headlamp remains pointed straight ahead).

So, sort of like this.... :lol:

lazy%20eye.jpg

Anyway, I can't tell if my 2010 ES 350 is doing this or not.

John

Correct.

lazy%20eye.jpg

LMAO :lol: tooo funny!

John

Correct.

lazy%20eye.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

John

Correct.

lazy%20eye.jpg

Oh..No.. I do not like the idea my car looks like that guy