Wood Dash Trim

93LSOwner

I looked into doing this too but all the manufacturers I contacted said that any markings that are on the original dash will be covered up by the wood. For example if you look at your radio the bass, treble, fader, etc. markings will be covered up and the wood coverings do not have the markings reproduced.

Hey All .............

Does anybody know who makes this style? It appears that the labels read right through the slots above the knobs?

I think the two pieces around the AC/Heat and Sound System really dress things up. I'd probably stop with those two pieces. I think those alone are under $200?

Does anybody have these ........... are there any drawbacks and are they installed with "double-stick" tape or what and how well do they mate to the plastic surface? Do they look like they "Fit" and "Belong" there?

887157Nakradiowithburldashtrim3.jpg

LS98,

Your picture looks like the ones sold at http://www.exoticwooddash.com and the diagrams on their site appear to show the little slots for the labels. The minimal 3-piece set for the center air vents, AC/heat, and audio system are listed at $142.

The have detailed install instructions too. Would applying a kit like this to an audio system prevent from doing a radio exchange if you had to? My repair shop owner told me that the repair service he uses only exchanges radios and does not normally want to return the one sent for repair.

It is amazing how many varieties of kits that exoticwooddash has. Gosh, looks like you could cover everything except your dog with wood!

LS98,

Your picture looks like the ones sold at http://www.exoticwooddash.com and the diagrams on their site appear to show the little slots for the labels. The minimal 3-piece set for the center air vents, AC/heat, and audio system are listed at $142.

The have detailed install instructions too. Would applying a kit like this to an audio system prevent from doing a radio exchange if you had to? My repair shop owner told me that the repair service he uses only exchanges radios and does not normally want to return the one sent for repair.

It is amazing how many varieties of kits that exoticwooddash has. Gosh, looks like you could cover everything except your dog with wood!

I just installed a wood kit on my LS last week, i bought it on Ebay. There are no cut outs for the text on the radio, but i really dont care, i know whats what. Ill take pictures of them soon and post them. Im new to this, so i'll try my best.

I am satisfied with the wood kit though. I just wish it wouldve came with the shift knob portion.

Hey All .............

Does anybody know who makes this style?  It appears that the labels read right through the slots above the knobs?

I think the two pieces around the AC/Heat  and Sound System really dress things up.  I'd probably stop with those two pieces.  I think those alone are under $200?

Does anybody have these ........... are there any drawbacks and are they installed with "double-stick" tape or what and how well do they mate to the plastic surface?  Do they look like they "Fit" and "Belong" there?

887157Nakradiowithburldashtrim3.jpg

1993 LS400

Are there any like those for 1990-1994? Anywhere.......?

I have installed exoticwooddash kits on 5 different vehicles (none of these were Lexus) but I currently have a kit on order for my LS430. They are very attractive, match the factory wood, and are easy to install. They do not send enough alcohol wipes with the kits so just buy a bottle of alcohol at the drugstore and use it liberally before applying the wood. Any wax or oil will keep the adheasive from sticking tightly. All of the kits that I have installed had cutouts for any lettering to show.

No, not me.

I had a question. If some puts the trim on the car and decides to rip it out after several years. Will it damage the original panels or leave anything behind permentaly like gule or anything. And in hot temp. usually in cars it is double the temp. as it is outside, will the trim's glue leak or maybe melt and come off or will it be like the OEM trim around the gear and ashtray of every 1990-1994 LS400.