Replaced Air Shocks, Calibration Off

bwoods

OK, took the air shocks to a suspension shop and they replaced the driver's front and rear air shocks. They can't get it to calibrate it so that the driver's side and passenger's side are even. It was off by about 2". They replaced a sensor and got it to within 1.25" but they and I do not know which side is off or if both sides are off. There is clearance from the fender over the tires on both sides and is drivable. But we do not know if the passenger side is too high or if the driver's side is too low.

What should I do at this point? I'm going to pick it up right now, so I will get clarification as to which sensor they replaced, but is there another sensor that should be checked? Will this settle in by driving it around and let the computer make more adjustments?

Have you considered just measuring the distance each side of the car is from the top of your tread? At least then you'll know which side is off. If you can, ask your suspension people if they know how high a car with air suspension is supposed to sit, too, so you have a point of reference.

Ask them what sensor they're checking, too. Is it the ECR sensor is there some other sensor we don't know about? Please post back here when you get in contact with them.

I just got back. What they did was adjust the sensor at each shock. At least that's what I understood. He said they adjusted the sensor "at each corner," drove it around a lot, adjusted it again, and drove it around some more, then adjusted it yet again.

Without measuring, it looks to me like the driver's side (the repaired side) is a little low. This shop does not know the specs for this car.

Tell you what, after driving our Toyota Matrix for the last 3 months, to get this wonderfully quiet, smooth, and powerful car back is a joy!

The repair manuals for my 00 LS have decision tables and detailed procedures for diagnosing and correcting uneven air suspension problems -- there is no way I could scan all those pages and post them here and they might be a little different for your model year LS anyway. Somebody recently posted a link to an electronic copy of the 00 LS repair manuals but I checked and saw that the huge diagnostic (DI) section is not included.

I think you need the diagnostic procedures either in hard copy or from https://techinfo.toyota.com