Navigation "audio Off" Problems

Okay, so i tried to install an aftermarket radio and I don't know what i did but all of a sudden my GSP won't let me touch it anymore, it'll only stay on that agreement screen ... When i turn on the car I get a, "Audio Off" Message. I can't press, Climate, Menu, Audio, Map, Destination, the only thing that i can press are the upper buttons, which is, Auto, Off, Defrost, etc. I read on the forums that it was the amplifier's fault, because they said it "controls" most of the gps functions. I did however managed to install the after market radio by using the speaker harness. The screens stills stays on. Have any of you guys ever had the GSP problem like mines? if so, PLEASE HELP!

Okay, so i tried to install an aftermarket radio and I don't know what i did but all of a sudden my GSP won't let me touch it anymore, it'll only stay on that agreement screen ... When i turn on the car I get a, "Audio Off" Message. I can't press, Climate, Menu, Audio, Map, Destination, the only thing that i can press are the upper buttons, which is, Auto, Off, Defrost, etc. I read on the forums that it was the amplifier's fault, because they said it "controls" most of the gps functions. I did however managed to install the after market radio by using the speaker harness. The screens stills stays on. Have any of you guys ever had the GSP problem like mines? if so, PLEASE HELP!

The factory radio has a 75 ohm resistor in it... its considered the 'master component' in the system... not the amplifier.

Without this 75 ohm resistor in the network nothing will work normally.

The factory radio has a 75 ohm resistor in it... its considered the 'master component' in the system... not the amplifier.

Navguy, Please explain, I am interested in your response.

Ahaha, thanks for the reply, It would be very helpful (if i knew what it meant) i got the concept, but how do i locate the ohm resistor? is it in the GPS head unit itself or is it in that black box behind the GSP Head unit? And Please, can you tell me in specific details on how i can fix this? Because having no audio is like being deaf while driving.

If you get an electronic wiring diagram (EWD) you will find two wires that go into the radio (along with other componenets) that are labeled TX+ and TX-. When you removed the radio (master) you took the 75 ohm resistor out of the network. So if you install a 75 ohm resistor (across the TX+ and TX-) in the appropriate pins the rest of the stuff should work.

If you get an electronic wiring diagram (EWD) you will find two wires that go into the radio (along with other componenets) that are labeled TX+ and TX-. When you removed the radio (master) you took the 75 ohm resistor out of the network. So if you install a 75 ohm resistor (across the TX+ and TX-) in the appropriate pins the rest of the stuff should work.

Uhmmm.... You Wouldn't happen to know what the TX+ and TX- wire color would be now would you? I don't think they have wiring diagram for the 2000 Lexus gs300 gps... Not that I know of... Ahaha,

Okay, even if i put the stock radio back on the problem still exist...

I took the car to the lexus dealer today and found out that lexus service department are piece of crap. They want to check the problem starting with the fuse. They replaced perfectly good radio fuse and saw some aftermarket wire for an aftermarket amp. They said they have to remove the wires and remove all the stuff out(labor) so it'll take 4 hours to diagnose. I already gutted the interior out though....so what do they have to remove? What the hell do those loose after market wire have to do anything with my GPS system? they were never connected in the first place.

Anyways, they want $500 and something dollars to check it out, to tell me what's wrong with it.

$125 Dollars to change my god damn fuse... and tell me that it'll cost $500 more dollars to ONLY tell me what's wrong with it...

• 3 weeks later...

I took the car to the lexus dealer today and found out that lexus service department are piece of crap. They want to check the problem starting with the fuse. They replaced perfectly good radio fuse and saw some aftermarket wire for an aftermarket amp. They said they have to remove the wires and remove all the stuff out(labor) so it'll take 4 hours to diagnose. I already gutted the interior out though....so what do they have to remove? What the hell do those loose after market wire have to do anything with my GPS system? they were never connected in the first place.

Anyways, they want $500 and something dollars to check it out, to tell me what's wrong with it.

$125 Dollars to change my god damn fuse... and tell me that it'll cost $500 more dollars to ONLY tell me what's wrong with it...

The TX+ color is PINK and TX- is YELLOW. With that info you must use a multi-meter (or ohm meter) to see if the resistor inside the AM/FM RADIO reads 75 ohms of resistance. If the factory radio does not read 75 ohms of resistance NOTHING will work properly.