Chrome Lining/molding

ravig292

2000 Ls400 Platinum Series

there is a chrome lining/molding (i like calling it lining because molding sounds weird to me) but, anyways it goes around the whole car and on the rear bumper the chrome is gone its just plastic now. where can i get another chrome lining/molding for the rear bumper for cheap?

I don't know what you consider "cheap" but Parts.com has the rear bumper molding, part number 52751-50020, for $110.20.

i went to my local auto body paint store and got a roll, and it was enough for the whole car.mine was faded and when i replaced, my ls looked new again. what little wonders could do. Mine is also a 2000 platinum series(silveron blk)

2000 Ls400 Platinum Series

there is a chrome lining/molding (i like calling it lining because molding sounds weird to me) but, anyways it goes around the whole car and on the rear bumper the chrome is gone its just plastic now. where can i get another chrome lining/molding for the rear bumper for cheap?

Pepboys have those chrome Strips, you can flex them or just make them straight, pretty cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know what you consider "cheap" but Parts.com has the rear bumper molding, part number 52751-50020, for $110.20.

Does anyone know how the old moulding is removed and the new applied without damaging the paint? Is it clipped in or glued? Thanks.

The OE strip is snapped in and secured with 3M tape. You can grab one end and just pull, it comes right off, but you'll then need to remove all the old adhesive.

Thanks RDM.