Bluetooth/nav Issues

hi, i've purchased a used 2006 gs300 a while back but this is my very first post. i was wondering if anyone has had the problem i have with the bluetooth/nav; while making a call (bluetooth sync to iphone), dialing the calling, my bluetooth makes a loud buzzing noise for 3 to 4 seconds, sometimes longer before you hear the ringing. does anyone know why it does this? i asked the people at the dealer and they said because the iphone is not compatible with the lexus bluetooth system. please help me get rid of this annoying loud buzz!

I have the '06 GS-430 and mine does the same thing. It isn't the iphone though. Mine did that with the Samsung Blackjack also. It's annoying, but it really doesn't cause a problem in terms of functionality. After the 3-4 second buzz goes away, it works just fine. I've learned to ignore it...

I have a different problem though. My bluetooth does not show anything until someone answers the phone or it goes to a voice mail. In other words, I do not hear the phone ringing at all. I would love a solution but for now, I have learned to ignore it.

hi, i've purchased a used 2006 gs300 a while back but this is my very first post. i was wondering if anyone has had the problem i have with the bluetooth/nav; while making a call (bluetooth sync to iphone), dialing the calling, my bluetooth makes a loud buzzing noise for 3 to 4 seconds, sometimes longer before you hear the ringing. does anyone know why it does this? i asked the people at the dealer and they said because the iphone is not compatible with the lexus bluetooth system. please help me get rid of this annoying loud buzz!

Same thing happened to me with my BlackBerry.

I had a Motorola Razr when I first purchased the car and never had the buzzing noise...bluetooth worked flawlessly. I exchanged the Razr for a BlackBerry World Phone from Verizon and the buzzing happened when making the first call after a bluetooth connection. It never actually interfered with the call...it was just loud. I recently purchased a Motorola Droid phone and the buzzing has gone away. My guess....it has to do with the type of phone....

Keeping score....2 Motorola's-no problem. 1 BlackBerry-annoying buzzing.

:D

--Duckman

Hey man,

Not sure if this helps any, but i have an '06 GS 430 with Nav and a iphone 3G and have never had any of problems that are listed in this post. Just a guess here but maybe the issue you are having is with your iphone if it is either a 1st generation or a 3GS. Please post if you figure it out as i may want to upgrade my phone in the near future.

I have a different problem though. My bluetooth does not show anything until someone answers the phone or it goes to a voice mail. In other words, I do not hear the phone ringing at all. I would love a solution but for now, I have learned to ignore it.

mine does that too. It used to ring with my old Samsung phone. With my current Blackberry, I have to notice the screen and the fact that the music cuts out when a call comes in. I think this may have to do with the signal or ringtone selected on my blackberry.

steviej

With my old Samsung it used to make that annoying sound. With my Blackberry (Curve 8900) it does not.

Duckman, what's the score now?

steviej