A/c Climate Control

c-dubb

<_< I was just wondering has anybody elese experienced having black LCD screen on the A/C climate control. I've read the problems with the LS400 but, I'm same problem with my 1994 SC400. Any suggestions for replacement or repair besides the dealer.

black LCD can be one of two thing. 1. LCD leakage or 2. Backlight bulbs are dead.

if whatever in the LCD display is leaking, there's not much choice. I would suggest to get whole A/C control unit replacement from ebay or junk yard.

you turn off the engine (and lights) and if you still see black LCD screen, then it's more likely bad LCD display. Those screen gets worse when it's cold. when it gets warm, the dark spot would be gone.

if it's caused by the bad backlight bulbs, you can replace the bulb but you need some soldering skill.

our A/C backlight has 3 bulbs (left, center, right). You can tell if you have dead bulbs by turn off the light. if your display is fine (no dark spot) then you have dead backlight bulbs. you can change the bulbs yourself but you can't get those bulbs from the dealers.

<_< I was just wondering has anybody elese experienced having black LCD screen on the A/C climate control. I've read the problems with the LS400 but, I'm same problem with my 1994 SC400. Any suggestions for replacement or repair besides the dealer.

Check out our Performance upgrade and FAQ Thread, pinned in the SC Forum? that should answer some questions as well.

There is not much you can do if the display is leaking, you will see it creep up the screen. The LS guys have someone that will replace the screens for a fee, I contacted this guy and he doesn't feel there is enough demand to source a screen for the SC guys. He offered to order 100 for me for $8,000 and I sell them, no thanks.

This may be an option for a Group Buy. There are more of us out there than most people realize. The problem is getting us all together so our numbers count.

The only other option is find one from a Breaker that is fully functioning.

:cheers: