2007 Gx470 Smell

ramana

I feel somekind of smell inside 2007 GX470 when AC outside circualation ON, but not able to correlate to any of the smells mentioned on this site that are talking about H2S, sulpher rotten egg smells coming from catalic converters or what ever. The smell I feel is not really rotten or absurd but definitely something strange.

Since I bought this vehicle new, first I thought there must be somekind of airfreshener installed somewhere because I felt it like a lemon smell. However, after a couple of days, It's not a good lemon smell anymore!!!!

is this realted to sulpher/H2S smell or is there really an airfreshener that is installed somewhere in a place that I am not aware of? is there a special airfreshener place for Lexuses or GX470's?

Thanks

The rotten egg smell is cause of the Fuel, try changing the fuel iso the regualar one. There has been a TSB from Lexus to this effect. Nothing to do with air freshner. All at the present moment you could use Lysol and spray on the Air vents external which is front of the Windscreen and the rest in the interiors, I had the similar one, all i changed the fuel, and all gone.

The rotten egg smell is cause of the Fuel, try changing the fuel iso the regualar one. There has been a TSB from Lexus to this effect. Nothing to do with air freshner. All at the present moment you could use Lysol and spray on the Air vents external which is front of the Windscreen and the rest in the interiors, I had the similar one, all i changed the fuel, and all gone.

Thanks for the reply mann, As I have mentioned it's not really rotten smell or anything like that but something strange lemony kind. and I am already using 92Ocatane fuel, may be this time I will change Gas Station and see if it makes any difference. and I will try your suggestions about lysol spray too.

you said,"try changing the fuel iso the regualar one", did you mean to suggest me to change the fuel to regular one istead of 92Ocatane, please let me know if thats what you meant, if so, I will try the 87 Ocatne as well.

Nopes ISO mean "instead of" . The fuel is perfect, just change from the regular gas stations where you normally fill her up. The lemony odour is start of the problem some get it and some dont. if the gas solution does not work ( which does work most cases) then alternatively you could open the Glove compartment door, and remove the wood trim, it is to be given slight pressure and pull here out, The Glove compartment apart from the screw on the either side of the frame ( upper side ) and the lower side is the hinge which is clasping it, you need to give a firm pull outwards, Also one more is the cable , this needs to be detached from a cable housing which is attached to the left side. It is bit tricky, make sure your hands are not greasy. It is just rotate and pull. The insert goes the opposite way. Once removed you will be able to see the blower assy, which is cylinderical in shape, You could spray some lysol for a few minutes and run AC for some time before you could close, this will flush the spongy bacteria content within the coolant line having water dormant over a period. OR get to autozone and have the Airconditioning unit flushed. Make sure you buy the AC flushing stuff from the dealer Good stuff) , I cant get the name on top of my head the part name. Also while you have finished the job might as well clean the cabin air filter if not replaced have them bought ( p/n 87139-YZZ05) Hope it helps. cheers