Newbie With Gs430 L Tuned

Hi all,

I just bought an 01 430 l tuned (black/black)! It is a beautiful machine. I was wondering if anyone knew the total horse power with the luned mod. Also on the trunk lid below the l tuned badge, there is a VVT i badge . What's this ? Finally,

anyone know what and where i can get RED calipers ( any recommendations )

Thanks,

Mike

The HP is still the same with L-Tuned.. L-Tuned don't do anything to modify the engine.. The only mod along those lines is the L-Tuned steering ECU upgrade.. Now calipers.. Do you want to upgrade your brakes or just paint your calipers red?? Also if you want to upgrade your breaks you can't go with something crazy, you'll have to keep it simple so it can fit behind your 18" L-Tuned rims.. Let me know what you want to do and I might be able to help you out...

Congrats on the car.

Like MrSypher said, probably 0 power gains. If your car includes the L-Tuned exhaust, there may be a little. I have not seen specs on the L-Tuned exhaust but it probably is not enough to give you a real noticeable gain, maybe single digit HP.

VVT-i. Just a badge the previous owner probably added. It just reiterates one of the technology of your engine. ;)

Red calipers - paint them. No one sells stock red calipers. If you want to upgrade brakes though, you are limited in choices. But you do have choices, which is a lot better than some other members out there. The L-Tuned wheels will actually clear 3 brake upgrades: the Rotora 330, the StopTech 332, and the StopTech 355.

If you want to upgrade brakes though, you are limited in choices. But you do have choices, which is a lot better than some other members out there. The L-Tuned wheels will actually clear 3 brake upgrades: the Rotora 330, the StopTech 332, and the StopTech 355.

There you go.. I'm actually looking for a 6 piston setup for my fronts.. I have it down to either Wilwood, StopTech, Brembo, or AP Racing.. I don't know which one yet.. And also I have to find out what's the biggest I can get for my rears..

There you go..  I'm actually looking for a 6 piston setup for my fronts..  I have it down to either Wilwood, StopTech, Brembo, or AP Racing..  I don't know which one yet..  And also I have to find out what's the biggest I can get for my rears..

Hey MrSypher,

Just a few things I've heard. Wilwood are great for racing but not very good for street driving. This is something I was told by someone I trust when I was looking at Wilwood. I can get more details if you are set on them as a choice.

StopTechs do not make a 6-piston setup but they do have a very sweet 4-piston 14" rotor setup for all 4 corners.

I am actually partial to AP racing 6-piston but these won't clear my wheels.

In case you have not considered them, Rotora has a 6-piston front 4-piston rear setup. Their 4-piston front setup is clearance friendly but this 6/4 setup is not. From what I can tell from the preliminary template, it needs even more space than the APs.

Neo, thanks for the info.. I have plenty of space up front because when I ordered my rims I got them with a super high-disk.. But with my rear rims I wanted the biggest lip possible so I had to go with a super low-disk.. So that's where my problem is.. I need to findout the what's the biggest caliper I can go with in the rears, and who makes them.. I can't have AP Racing calipers up front and then a some other company in the rears.. I need them to be one company.. I was even thinking about going with the Supra TT setup.. But I don't know if the rears will fit.. Do you know??

Neo, thanks for the info..  I have plenty of space up front because when I ordered my rims I got them with a super high-disk..  But with my rear rims I wanted the biggest lip possible so I had to go with a super low-disk..  So that's where my problem is..  I need to findout the what's the biggest caliper I can go with in the rears, and who makes them..  I can't have AP Racing calipers up front and then a some other company in the rears..  I need them to be one company..  I was even thinking about going with the Supra TT setup..  But I don't know if the rears will fit..  Do you know??

Are you talking about running the Supra TT rear setup or the big front one in the back? I hope it is not the latter since it will mess up your braking balance. On top of that, I don't think it would clear a low-disc setup. As for running the actual rear TT caliper, I don't know. There may actually even be fitment/bracket problems. I can do some digging to see if there is any info.

The StopTechs and the Rotoras are the two most "forgiving" calipers in terms of fitment. The StopTech 4-corners upgrade actually uses the same calipers. You can download that template to see if it will fit in the rear wheel. The difference between the 4-corner and the front upgrade is that StopTech uses different piston sizes to enable balanced braking. The front-only upgrade and the fronts of the 4-corners are actually different.

The 6/4 kit from Rotora is relatively new. The space requirement is big but with your high-disc setup, you probably are OK. As for the rear, I am not sure but I would think they are reusing the same calipers as the ones for the 4-piston front only upgrade.

Here are some pics for ya.

Rotora:

6POT.jpg4POT.jpg

StopTech:

3074redgs4_at_NorCal_meet-med.jpg

Front:

3074st_front-med.jpg

Rear:

3074st_rear-med.jpg

Gotcha.. I don't know what I can do for the rears.. The StopTechs are nice and so is Red's GS.. Damn, it may be time to get new rear rims.. :( I'll checkout the template and see if there's even a chance. Thanks again Neo..