I'm Comin' Home!

ArmyofOne

I am coming home on R&R. Gonna be a busy 15 days. I leave my base sometime in the next week, I will fly from here to another base, then from there to BIAP (Baghdad International Airport) then BIAP to Ali-Al-Saleem Air Force Base, Kuwait, then Kuwait to Atlanta, and Atlanta to Syracuse. long trip, takes about 10 days by itself to complete. My leave doesnt start till I hit ATL though.

When I arrive in SYR, the wife is meeting me with the car, a bag packed and some basic tools for a road trip (just in case) and we are driving to D-FW, TX for approx 12 days of rest and relaxation. May make a trip to houston in there, as I have family there. If anyone wants to meet up, PM me, ill be checking daily from this pt forward.

The only bad part about this is they havent given me a concrete date yet. and they really cant...LOL GO ARMY...

"bring it on in here, let the big bear get his paws on ya'!"

I've heard of that trip you're about to take home from my brother in law, same route you're taking too. Not a fun hop across the pond! My bro' came home a few weeks ago for about a year. He re-enlisted for another 5 year clip. They told him if he didn't, he'd 100% be going to Afghanistan in the fall, but if he did re-enlist, he'd be pushed down to the bottom of the stack for that theater. He's getting married in July, heard Kabul wan't a very nice honeymoon spot, so re'up'd.

Now, keeping in fashion with my first quote, you'll definetly know the movie with this next quote. Hope your wife has your captain's hat handy when you get home, because I've got the feeling some motor-boatin' is heading your way, you ole' sailor you "I know, army, but the movie made me do it". :lol:

"bring it on in here, let the big bear get his paws on ya'!"

I've heard of that trip you're about to take home from my brother in law, same route you're taking too. Not a fun hop across the pond! My bro' came home a few weeks ago for about a year. He re-enlisted for another 5 year clip. They told him if he didn't, he'd 100% be going to Afghanistan in the fall, but if he did re-enlist, he'd be pushed down to the bottom of the stack for that theater. He's getting married in July, heard Kabul wan't a very nice honeymoon spot, so re'up'd.

Now, keeping in fashion with my first quote, you'll definetly know the movie with this next quote. Hope your wife has your captain's hat handy when you get home, because I've got the feeling some motor-boatin' is heading your way, you ole' sailor you "I know, army, but the movie made me do it". :lol:

HAHAHAHA...great man, thanks for the laugh! where have you been anyway, I know you havent been in combat...so whats your excuse? hiding under your lexus?

Thats great! I know from your FB posts you've been itching to get home for a while...

yessir, i have. its mostly because I feel our work here is done, i spend more time sitting than working, the people are more and more annoyed with our presence here. The Iraqi government is now putting restrictions on what we can and cannot do here, its time to leave. If they have the Governmental capacity to tell us what we can and cannot do, then they have the capacity to fix their own country from this point forward.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...