Leather Seats

dimples

I've always used the 2 bottles of Lexol before. One is the cleaner, the second is the conditioner. The cleaner is good, but just like any soap-type product, it also removes mositure from the leather, making it more susceptible to cracking. So once you've cleaned it, give it a good dousing with the conditioner to help replace much of the moisture the cleaner removed.

Two quick things with the conditioner. Don't use too much! You want to put on enough to cover the surface area but you want to the leather to absorb it and not have a bunch laying on the surface when you're done otherwise, (even after a day or so) your clothes that touch the surface will have an oily residue on them. Second, be sure to buff the leather out by hand after the conditioner has been absorbed. This makes the leather look SO much nicer.

Hope this helps.

i really like those corbeau seats. are you aware of any way to fit them with a seat heater? it has been zero degrees here in cincinnati, and i would really miss those bun warmers on my stock seats. it looks like the corbeau seats can be fitted with lumbar supports, but i couldn't find anything on heaters.

i really like those corbeau seats. are you aware of any way to fit them with a seat heater? it has been zero degrees here in cincinnati, and i would really miss those bun warmers on my stock seats. it looks like the corbeau seats can be fitted with lumbar supports, but i couldn't find anything on heaters.

Seat warmers are really for leather seats!!! The Corbeau's are cloth and don't get cold... I drive my Civic Si everyday to work and it has leather and those seats get pretty cold!!! I know about the lumbar, it's an air bag type of thing with a little hand pump, like on a the blood pressure checker at the doctor... The cloth on the seat back is velcro'ed down at the bottom and can be lifted partly but not removed as it is attached at the top!!! I've driven it for about 300 straight miles in the seats and the lumbar wasn't a problem, so I don't think I'll need it...