Security Light Is Not Working Properly

I made two new keys at a local workshop for 06 RX400h (Valet & remote key). The valet works fine, but the keys maker was not able to program the remote key. The remote opens and runs the car, but the remote doesn't work.

After that, the security light indicator flashes as follows:

1. When the car is locked, the light indicator is always on.

2. When the car is moving, the light indicator lights twice, then waits 1 sec, and then lights twice again and so on. It never stops flickering while the car is moving.

The security system is working fine. I tried to open the window, close doors and lock the car. Then open the door from inside, and the alarm system works fine. I don't find anything that is not working properly in the car, only the light indicator.

I went to Lexus dealership, he reset the error code related to the immobilizer, but the secuiryt light is still flashes as described above and not as normal.

All the keys make the security light flashes incorrectly.

Any body can help?

The problem was solved :D

While searching on the Internet, I found the attached file that describes how to troubleshoot the immo system for Toyota Prius, which is almost the same as in RX400h.

The car was in the key registration mode and it was returned to normal mode by turning the key on & off 5 times within 10 seconds (page 9).

Engine_Immobilizer.pdf

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/10/2010 at 7:33 AM, mk0099 said:

The problem was solved 😄

While searching on the Internet, I found the attached file that describes how to troubleshoot the immo system for Toyota Prius, which is almost the same as in RX400h.

The car was in the key registration mode and it was returned to normal mode by turning the key on & off 5 times within 10 seconds (page 9).

Engine_Immobilizer.pdf

Thanks for the PDF!  

I am trying to figure out which process to use, or more specially, if I need to use a "intelligent tester" to add a 2nd Key to the current master key.  My 2nd key is LIKE the master key.  Meaning it has a remote and they look alike.  But they always refer to the master key as "THE" master key.  So is there only 1 master key?  And everything else is "additional"?   I ask because the process for adding an "additional" key appears to require an "intelligent tester" or programmer of some kind..  Either way, I bought a $12 remote from Ebay and it's not working.  When I use the manual method to add a 2nd master key, I insert the key into the ignition on the 5th time and then open and close the driver door 6 times,  I put the new key in and the security light stayed on constant as it should, but then it immediately started flashing code 2-1.   And that means the Code was not received.   So I do not know why it is not received..  It doesn't say how to fix the issue.  It just says "not received".   So either there are too many keys already programmed, or I am using the wrong method,  such as the manual method wont work,  Or I can have only 1 master key... OR the Ebay remote is not sending the code...  But it has a new battery in it.. So I have no idea what is wrong

On 1/22/2022 at 1:08 PM, ws6chad said:

Thanks for the PDF!  

I am trying to figure out which process to use, or more specially, if I need to use a "intelligent tester" to add a 2nd Key to the current master key.  My 2nd key is LIKE the master key.  Meaning it has a remote and they look alike.  But they always refer to the master key as "THE" master key.  So is there only 1 master key?  And everything else is "additional"?   I ask because the process for adding an "additional" key appears to require an "intelligent tester" or programmer of some kind..  Either way, I bought a $12 remote from Ebay and it's not working.  When I use the manual method to add a 2nd master key, I insert the key into the ignition on the 5th time and then open and close the driver door 6 times,  I put the new key in and the security light stayed on constant as it should, but then it immediately started flashing code 2-1.   And that means the Code was not received.   So I do not know why it is not received..  It doesn't say how to fix the issue.  It just says "not received".   So either there are too many keys already programmed, or I am using the wrong method,  such as the manual method wont work,  Or I can have only 1 master key... OR the Ebay remote is not sending the code...  But it has a new battery in it.. So I have no idea what is wrong

I got the immobilizer working on the 2nd key.  Turns out the Ebay remote that I bought did not have the Key ID or immobilizer chip in it!  So I had to buy another remote.  crazy.

Now I am just looking for the process to add the remote control portion ...  I have used 2 different ones that I found on the internet, and neither works.