Gs400 Tail Light Fading Problem

My 99 inner tail lights have faded to the point they are barely pink. I replaced the clear bulbs with red bulbs and they look OK. Eventually I will probably replace with aftermarket LEDs. I have seen many like this in Texas, must be the sun. The factory paint still shines like new though.

• 4 weeks later...

I replaced the lights on my 98 GS400 2 weeks ago. I got them off of craigslist for $35. Took less than 10 minutes to change and they look great! My iphone app for CL helped by notifying me whenever gs400 parts are posted. Good luck!

yeah i notice that on A LOT of gs300s mine started to fade on me as well. I went ahead and put the charcoal grey LED trunk lights and am working on getting the tail lights so that they can match. I have a silver gs300 w/ the emblems a charcoal grey color, so the trunk lights being charcoal looks really cool! Ebay is a good place to find them. The only issue is that the tail light warning on the dash is always lit just because of the low output the LED lights give. It's not an issue though.

I got pulled over because they looked like back up light were on. Went to auto Zone and got tail light tape and neatly covered them, unless you know are if you are within 5ft. you can not tell there is tape on them, $5.00 Cheap fix.