Help With Fcc Id On A 1999 Es300 Remote

Gorden42

Does anyone know if this really matters when buying a replacement FOB. I have been told that the FCC ID doesn't matter for 97 - 99 ES300 models by Lexus customer service. But every remote I see on E-Bay states that the FCC ID must match to what you previously had. Hoping someone could shed some light on this for me. I'm not looking forward to paying over $200 for a replacement if I don't have too.

Thanks

i dont know why they would say it dont matter because the wrong fcc# will not work.you need the same fcc# as the one you have now or had.i know in my year theres 2 different fcc#s and the wrong one wont work so make sure to get the same fcc as yours.

I have three remotes and they are all HYQ1512P for a '97 ES. This is the only code I've seen on ebay. Each remote has a different frequency and you have to program the car to accept the remote. I have the directions so don't pay a dealer to do it. Get one off ebay and I can send the directions.

I have three remotes and they are all HYQ1512P for a '97 ES. This is the only code I've seen on ebay. Each remote has a different frequency and you have to program the car to accept the remote. I have the directions so don't pay a dealer to do it. Get one off ebay and I can send the directions.

Yes I went ahead and purchased a remote off E-bay with that FCC ID. If you could forward me the re-programming instructions that would help. I will let the forum know if I am successful in reprogramming a new remote with a different FCC ID.

Thanks

:D I am all smiles today. I am very happy to tell everyone that at least for the 1997 - 1999 ES 300 models the FCC ID "doesn't " matter. My owners manual I had listed the FCC ID of MOZ RI-4ATY, but all the FOB's on E-Bay had the FCC ID of HYQ1512P. In talking to Lexus customer support they said that it didn't matter on the 97' - 99' model years. I took the chance and ordered one for $19 off of E-bay with the HYQ1512P FCC ID and using the programming instructions I recevied mckeeney(Thank You) I was able to successfully program it to work the first time. All 4 buttons work, the only thing I wish is that when you lock the car it would make a sound. Does anyone know if there is a way using the exisiting system to make the car make a noise when locked? Oh well I guess I can't be to picky I just save about $180 and didn't even go to Geico... :lol:

the ES won't make a horn beep or "bloop bloop" sound. However, this is one blip sound that is emitted when the car is locked. There is also a volume control for this sound. Under the dash by your right knee, there should be a knob. Turn it so that it is on the loudest setting.

Gordon, don't get excited. The loudest setting can be drowned out by a whisper.

steviej

the ES won't make a horn beep or "bloop bloop" sound. However, this is one blip sound that is emitted when the car is locked. There is also a volume control for this sound. Inder the dash by your right knee, there should be a knob. Turn it so that it is on the loudest setting.

Gordon, don't get excited. The loudest setting can be drowned out by a whisper.

steviej

I found the volume button. Thanks.

• 10 months later...
I found the procedure in another discussion. Look here: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=4107&

I have a little more detailed procedure written, but I haven't been able to e-mail it to you. Let me know if you need more info.

I am ready to begin to program my new remote purchased on Ebay, Could you please email it to me or post it here?

Thanks,

Al