After Pcs Warning One Xenon Light Is Off ?

Dear Lexus friends,

I´m from germany and have one of the first LS 460 from end of 2006.

I have following problem: I drive completly normal, no rain, no snow and temperature between 0° and 3° Celcius. Suddenly, I got the warning from the PCS system, that the PCS is switched off and has to be checked by the garage. This is a little bit confusing, because I know this message only if it´s snowing and the front radar sensor has snow on it´s surface, so that the radar waves can not go out of the sensor.

The next issue is, that after the PCS warning, the right Xenon lights is off. But for the light problem, there is no control light inside activated, so I only recognized this issue after parking in front of a wall.

So I ask myself, what is the connection between a PCS warning with switch off and a switch off of the right xenon light ?

Is this a known problem ? Has anybody got the same "feature" ?

Thanks a lot

Andreas

Dear Lexus friends,

I´m from germany and have one of the first LS 460 from end of 2006.

I have following problem: I drive completly normal, no rain, no snow and temperature between 0° and 3° Celcius. Suddenly, I got the warning from the PCS system, that the PCS is switched off and has to be checked by the garage. This is a little bit confusing, because I know this message only if it´s snowing and the front radar sensor has snow on it´s surface, so that the radar waves can not go out of the sensor.

The next issue is, that after the PCS warning, the right Xenon lights is off. But for the light problem, there is no control light inside activated, so I only recognized this issue after parking in front of a wall.

So I ask myself, what is the connection between a PCS warning with switch off and a switch off of the right xenon light ?

Is this a known problem ? Has anybody got the same "feature" ?

Thanks a lot

Andreas

It's unlikely that the PCS problem and the xenon light problem are related. The xenon light is an "arc light" technology device similar to a fluorescent light - no filament, and somewhat difficult to test. It also employs a ballast type device. The best way to troubleshoot it is to swap the bulb and ballast with the other side that is working. Xenon bulb/ballast problems sometimes manifest as an intermittent or blinking headlight. Any wind noise problem with your car?

Dear Jeff,

thanks for your answer.

Yes it´s true, sometimes I see the Xenon lights flickering. I don´t know exactly if both are flickering, but I´m shure that the right one is flickering sometimes.

If I understand you right, you expect no relation between Xenon and PCS shutdown ? The mystery is, that only after the PCS shutdown, the rigth Xenon light has shutdown.

Maybe there is a problem with a power supply or something in relation ?

With my LS 460, I don´t think I have problems with wind noise. It´s not easy to say, but in a LS460, you only hear wind noise because the engine is still quiet. But if I drive 250km/h on german autobahn, the wind noise is available :D

Thanks Andreas

Dear Jeff,

thanks for your answer.

Yes it´s true, sometimes I see the Xenon lights flickering. I don´t know exactly if both are flickering, but I´m shure that the right one is flickering sometimes.

If I understand you right, you expect no relation between Xenon and PCS shutdown ? The mystery is, that only after the PCS shutdown, the rigth Xenon light has shutdown.

Maybe there is a problem with a power supply or something in relation ?

With my LS 460, I don´t think I have problems with wind noise. It´s not easy to say, but in a LS460, you only hear wind noise because the engine is still quiet. But if I drive 250km/h on german autobahn, the wind noise is available :D

Thanks Andreas

Andereas,

Here is a link to a description of gas discharge lamps. Pay special attention to the "End Of Life" paragraph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas-discharge_lamp

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys, driver's side head light on 07 LS 460L is not totally gone but when its off, to turn it back on i need to totally shot off lights and then turn back on, this way it will be on for just a few minutes and then off again, so need to constantly turn off and on, i just wondering if Lexus will fix this under warranty or i have to pay for it? my car has 46,5000 miles , please let me know, thanks in advance J

• 11 years later...