Toyo Versado Anyone?

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone in 400h land is running the new Toyo Versado LX or CUV tires? I recently saw them on a rx350 and some of the descriptions of them online seemed positive. I'm about to change out my Michelins (i've gone through 3 sets of them for the past 99K(!) on my '06 400h) and I want to start seeing a new tire brand. Alenza's might be a bit too firm as well as the Yokohama Parada spec-x'es.

I have heard that the Toyo Versados are amazing. I have had the Toyo Proxes STs for three years now and they have been great. Toyo makes great tires. I do want to try the Kumho Road Venture APT KL5s next and keep my preferred size of 255/55 18". I think that you can't go wrong with either. I too am not sold on the Alenzas no matter how many people say they love them on this forum. They aren't on the Tire Rack list any longer and too many people in other forums seem to not like them. Check the price on the Kumho tires as well, they tend to be very reasonably priced. Keep us posted as to what you get. I think I have yet another year to decide which tires I'll get next but right now, I really like the reviews on the Kumhos. Please take into account that I live in the Los Angeles area so weather is not an issue with me as far as picking tires. Rey

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone in 400h land is running the new Toyo Versado LX or CUV tires? I recently saw them on a rx350 and some of the descriptions of them online seemed positive. I'm about to change out my Michelins (i've gone through 3 sets of them for the past 99K(!) on my '06 400h) and I want to start seeing a new tire brand. Alenza's might be a bit too firm as well as the Yokohama Parada spec-x'es.

I read some more reviews on the Toyo Versado LX and am very impressed. I do think that Toyo makes fine tires so I am now either going to get the Toyo Versado LXs or the Kumho Road Venture APT KL51s(do they have to make tires names this complicated?) Rey in L.A.

I put four Toyo Versado XL's on a Lexus LS400 last year and had problems with them. After mounting and road force balancing them at least four times, they couldn't get rid of vibrations / out of balance issues with them. They were 205/55/R17's I believe. I liked the look of the tire, but they just couldn't get them to run true. I ended up with Michelin Primacy MXV4's and have been extremely happy with them. The Primacy's are a much better tire than the Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 tires that came OEM on many of the RX400h's, but I don't think they come in the correct size for the 400h. Michelin Latitude's do come in the 400h 18" size I believe and they have very good reviews on Tire Rack...

Tire Rack - Michelin Latitude

I put four Toyo Versado XL's on a Lexus LS400 last year and had problems with them. After mounting and road force balancing them at least four times, they couldn't get rid of vibrations / out of balance issues with them. They were 205/55/R17's I believe. I liked the look of the tire, but they just couldn't get them to run true. I ended up with Michelin Primacy MXV4's and have been extremely happy with them. The Primacy's are a much better tire than the Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 tires that came OEM on many of the RX400h's, but I don't think they come in the correct size for the 400h. Michelin Latitude's do come in the 400h 18" size I believe and they have very good reviews on Tire Rack...

Hmm, I guess that puts the Kumho tires back on top of my list....at least for now. I have about a year to keep getting all of the great advice from all of you....Rey

Hmm, I guess that puts the Kumho tires back on top of my list....at least for now. I have about a year to keep getting all of the great advice from all of you....Rey

Still running Goodyear ResponseEdge in the larger than OEM size... nice looking tires, great handling improvement over OEM, quiet, sticky... but MPG is negatively affected slightly. YMMV.

I was at the dealership yesterday and noticed a new RX350 on the showroom floor had the Michelin Latitudes on it...

According to Consumer Reports, the Michelin Primacy MXV4 tops the charts among "H"-rated all-season tires. They are available in 255/55/18 size and have the best rolling resistance rating along with better-than-average tread life. They are fairly expensive at $222 per tire. The Toyo Versado LX is listed among the "T" and "V"-rated all season tires, but did no better than 5th place (V-rated) and 9th place (T-rated).

According to Consumer Reports, the Michelin Primacy MXV4 tops the charts among "H"-rated all-season tires. They are available in 255/55/18 size and have the best rolling resistance rating along with better-than-average tread life. They are fairly expensive at $222 per tire. The Toyo Versado LX is listed among the "T" and "V"-rated all season tires, but did no better than 5th place (V-rated) and 9th place (T-rated).

I know I can look it up but are the tire ratings?

I must say that the Primacy's are also the quietest and smoothest running tire I've ever had an a vehicle. I'm about to put them on an LS430 that I just bought too...

Rey,

You should remember that the user ratings in the Tirerack web site can be somewhat deceptive, as the "user" may not have been able to truly compare the various tire models. I would be more likely to believe Consumer Reports vs users unless a majority of users are reporting problems after a number of miles. JimsGX's experience is a good "sign", though.

Rey,

You should remember that the user ratings in the Tirerack web site can be somewhat deceptive, as the "user" may not have been able to truly compare the various tire models. I would be more likely to believe Consumer Reports vs users unless a majority of users are reporting problems after a number of miles. JimsGX's experience is a good "sign", though.

I wonder why Tire Rack doesn't sell Toyo tires? They used to. This may be another sign.

Thanks for the tip on these Michelins (Primacy Mxv4) they sound great. I researched them after you mentioned these tires and ...wow, everything sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Quiet, long lasting, good MPGs...H rated... The price is high but they sound like they are totally worth it. Right now they moved past the Kumho Road Venture APT KL51 as no. one on my hit parade. I took the Alenzas and the Toyos off my list. I feel that I still have about a year on my Toyos so keep giving opinions everyone! Rey in L.A.

The Alenzas are the best bang-for-the-buck 18-inch SUV tire out there today. 65,000-mile treadwear warranty, great wet-weather traction, and reasonably priced compared to the far-too-expensive Michelins. The first set of Alenzas on my wife's RX330 went more than 55,000 miles and would have done more than 60,000 miles if she hadn't run over a piece of scrap metal that destroyed her right rear tire last October. I decided to go ahead and replace all four and Discount Tire worked with me on their fantastic proration policy plus a $70 rebate check from Bridgestone for buying all four tires. Final cost for a new set of P235/55/18 Alenzas was $635 out-the-door with the best treadwear warranty for SUV tires on the market. You'll pay considerably more and get considerably less if you go with something other than the Alenza. Denigrate the "too aggresive" look of the Alenza all you want (such a minor complaint anyway) but if cost-benefit analysis is important to you, the Alenza tops the charts....

Unfortunately, at approximately 25,000 miles, our Alenzas are starting to hum. I generally have rotated them every 5000 miles. For this reason, I may try another brand when they wear out, which will certainly be long before 65,000 miles.

I had them set to 35 psi, but the center of each tire was wearing faster than the inner and outer areas. I now have them set to 32-33 psi.