Subwoofer- 2002 Lx470

Ali Dweik

My subwoofer on my 2002 LX470 is bad and need to be replaced. Does anyone know or have instructions on how to remove the right side back panel and replace it? Would an after market subwoofer work or it is better to get Lexus OEM? Thanks

My subwoofer on my 2002 LX470 is bad and need to be replaced. Does anyone know or have instructions on how to remove the right side back panel and replace it? Would an after market subwoofer work or it is better to get Lexus OEM? Thanks

I've had the side panels out on an older LX450 I used to have, they are snap-in connectors (fairly easy to remove if you use the right tool). Do you have the Mark Levinson audio system, in my opinion I wouldn't do anything aftermarket if you do.

I've had the side panels out on an older LX450 I used to have, they are snap-in connectors (fairly easy to remove if you use the right tool). Do you have the Mark Levinson audio system, in my opinion I wouldn't do anything aftermarket if you do.

I've been down this road. Its a stange ohm speaker but cant remember what it is....like 12? Normal speakers are 4 or 8 typicaly. We tried an 8 and it didnt work. Finally bought a factory sub used and worked fine. Long story short dont bother with aftermarket. Theres nothing available in the right ohms.

The replacement itself is very easy. Remove plastic skid plate on floor near tailgate. Remove screws to pull out side panel and I believe you have to unbolt the left rear seatbelt but thats easy as well. Takes 15 minutes total start to finish.

• 11 months later...

I've been down this road. Its a stange ohm speaker but cant remember what it is....like 12? Normal speakers are 4 or 8 typicaly. We tried an 8 and it didnt work. Finally bought a factory sub used and worked fine. Long story short dont bother with aftermarket. Theres nothing available in the right ohms.

The replacement itself is very easy. Remove plastic skid plate on floor near tailgate. Remove screws to pull out side panel and I believe you have to unbolt the left rear seatbelt but thats easy as well. Takes 15 minutes total start to finish.

I also have this problem but i also want to replace the two mid-speakers in the front drive and passenger side and the mark levinson headunit since the cd and radio are continually skipping and the volume controls are no longer working properly. I was looking to get an aftermarket pioneer headunit with the works bluetooth, ipod connection, and dvd player any thoughts on this Thank you!

• 2 years later...

I replaced the speaker in my factory subwoofer enclosure with this speaker: Pyramid WH68 6-Inch 200 Watt High Power Paper Cone 8 Ohm Subwoofer. It fit with virtually no modifications. I just reused the factory spacer and screws. I had to drive the screws at a slight angle, but the speaker is secure. The speaker cost $20 and sound fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I tried a replacement speaker and the sound was not acceptable. I ended up getting the Mark Levinson speaker repaired at speakerworks.com. Cheaper and original sound. I will get my door speakers repaired when the foam fails on them in the future.

• 1 month later...