Maaco Half Price Paint Job Sale

SLORICK

Got Flyer/Cupon in Mailbox. BIG PRINT: $500 Paint Job for $250. $700 Paint Job for $350 (Both include integrated Clear Coat)

Small Print: Body Work, Rust Repair, Stripping of old paint: Extra.

Checkout www.maaco.com

I read about 4 paint Jobs: Basic about $300, two above are called Presidential & Supreme, Best is about $1000 for Color & Clear.

They can do spot painting and Body Work too. 500 shops nationwide are independent franchises, but honor same warranty.

Body Work about 33% cheaper than Dealers and Body Shops. Paint Jobs cheaper too, because of volume of jobs and

Group Purchasing power for paint and materials.

No, not recently. Back in 1970 in Ohio, brother had Earl Scheib paint job, not sure if Maaco was invented then or in Ohio. Many recent questions and posts about "cheap" paint jobs, and just got that sale brochure the next day in mail, so thought I would post it. Big catch is "removal of old paint and sanding=EXTRA" I am 60 now and agree with all the moderators and old posters on here that: you get what you pay for, $2,500 is about right.

My 94 LS400 has blue book of about $4,000 now.

SmoothDaddyK from Atlanta said he just paid $500 for his car and was looking for a cheap but decent paint job for under $500. Maybe this should be under THAT thread, but wanted the subject to stand out for other readers.

The reason I ask is because references should only be given by personal experiences. Otherwise we end up with a bunch of threads that look like advertising. (Hint Hint.) It's one thing to come to the boards and say "Paint Shop X just repainted my car and wow, what a great job they did." Or if a member comes to the boards and asks if anyone knows of a good auto paint shop in the area, again you should only speak from personal expereinces. It's another to just post local ads from the paper on here.

I looked at you post history, and I see your not a spammer. Here are the forum rules: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?act=boardrules Please read the seventh rule under advertising.

Please understand we have these here for a reason. I would appreciate your help with this. Thank you.

No, not recently. Back in 1970 in Ohio, brother had Earl Scheib paint job, not sure if Maaco was invented then or in Ohio. Many recent questions and posts about "cheap" paint jobs, and just got that sale brochure the next day in mail, so thought I would post it. Big catch is "removal of old paint and sanding=EXTRA" I am 60 now and agree with all the moderators and old posters on here that: you get what you pay for, $2,500 is about right.

My 94 LS400 has blue book of about $4,000 now.

SmoothDaddyK from Atlanta said he just paid $500 for his car and was looking for a cheap but decent paint job for under $500. Maybe this should be under THAT thread, but wanted the subject to stand out for other readers.

I agree w Smooth. It looks like an ad. If your intention was to warn readers, then you should have posted the warning when you started the thread. It would eliminate any confusion as to the purpose of your post.

Ever had the misfortune of seeing one of those el-cheapo paint jobs up close? I wouldn't let those places paint any of my vehicles even if it was free....

On the plus side, if you leave your windows down they'll paint your interior at no extra charge....

Jeesh, lighten up, you guru gearheads,,, I feel like I just been "Super Moderated"...

I went to catholic school in 1960's, so I understand, and will consider my knuckles slapped. Mea Culpa.

Technically, I understand your position, BUT, being a 60 year old retired USAF officer, who worked in a gas station garage in high school, college, owing several vehicles, where I traded off dealer/DIY decisions, from corvette to finally two lexus vehicles. I got some maturity. I had just spent a month reading EVERY thread on this LOC, and also on Club Lexus, and other sites like Lextreme, Meguires, and googling LS400 and Detailing,,,so,,,,

When I saw recent posts on here, I think I WAS answering from "personal experience" of ALL THE OTHER POSTS I HAVE READ. Wanted to save the Newbie some time and effort.

Now, I think I am a comedian too, so my replys get a little outrageous...

(drafting semi's but ice sloshes out of my martini glass; inflating tires to sidewall pressure; squeeling tires by reving to 3Krpm in neutral then slamming it into Drive,,, most should realize those are JOKES)

I like the reply about free interior paint job if you leave the windows down...

Another said he would paint car for $500 with a paintball gun.

Hehehe

(I shoulda figured that posting a topic with the word "Maaco" in a Lexus Forum would be like tossing a grenade into the Lounge)

Well to throw my two cents, I had a company car painted by them (MAACO) and they did a terrrible job. But if all you need is a paint covering, they are probably OK. I will admit the bad job was because of the unusual color with lots of metal flake in it and clear coat....Dark burgandy which is probably terrribly hard to match. I would probably find an independent and get it done.....

Jeesh, lighten up, you guru gearheads,,, I feel like I just been "Super Moderated"...

I went to catholic school in 1960's, so I understand, and will consider my knuckles slapped. Mea Culpa.

Technically, I understand your position, BUT, being a 60 year old retired USAF officer, who worked in a gas station garage in high school, college, owing several vehicles, where I traded off dealer/DIY decisions, from corvette to finally two lexus vehicles. I got some maturity. I had just spent a month reading EVERY thread on this LOC, and also on Club Lexus, and other sites like Lextreme, Meguires, and googling LS400 and Detailing,,,so,,,,

When I saw recent posts on here, I think I WAS answering from "personal experience" of ALL THE OTHER POSTS I HAVE READ. Wanted to save the Newbie some time and effort.

Now, I think I am a comedian too, so my replys get a little outrageous...

(drafting semi's but ice sloshes out of my martini glass; inflating tires to sidewall pressure; squeeling tires by reving to 3Krpm in neutral then slamming it into Drive,,, most should realize those are JOKES)

I like the reply about free interior paint job if you leave the windows down...

Another said he would paint car for $500 with a paintball gun.

Hehehe

(I shoulda figured that posting a topic with the word "Maaco" in a Lexus Forum would be like tossing a grenade into the Lounge)

If I had "Super Moderated" you, you see that warning bar under your avatar? I would have given you a warning there, PM'd you why you were getting that warning, deleted this thread, and set all your posts for moderator approval before they would be allowed to post up on the boards. As I said, I looked at your posting history, and I saw you weren't a spammer, so I let this thread stay, and just "guided" you to the rules so we don't have any misunderstandings in the future. So I hope you see this more as a tap on the shoulder and a friendly word of advice is all.

I've been in the biz for alot of years, and a gallon of quality clear coat alone is almost 300 bucks! So I don't know what kind of paint job you should expect for 500! Even if your using a single stage acrilyc, just the prep work, sand, and tape off takes hours. And that's before the car even goes in the spray booth.

Hi Smooth1, I'm smiling. Thanks for the tap on the shoulder.

That "Ad" is a come-on to get you in the door. All the price is for is tape and spray. An "integrated" color/clear coat.

The Maaco national website explains that they can match lots of colors, and do a separate color, then clear coat, but that is near or beyond their highest level paint job of $1,000, and again, body repairs and paint prep are extra.

So... $2,500 is probably ballpark for a same color repaint (no doorjambs, etc) and one poster talking about a $12K paint job on a custom car classic rebuild is understandable too.

Bad News is each Maaco is a FRANCHISE, so lots depends on the owner and staff at each different Maaco.

Me? I would ask Lexus Dealer to do it, after lots of questions, and asking what kind of warranty I would get.

They would probably sublet to their own dealer body and collision repair shop, or one they recommend, but I would want the Lexus Dealer to stand behind the work.

Hi Smooth1, I'm smiling. Thanks for the tap on the shoulder.

That "Ad" is a come-on to get you in the door. All the price is for is tape and spray. An "integrated" color/clear coat.

The Maaco national website explains that they can match lots of colors, and do a separate color, then clear coat, but that is near or beyond their highest level paint job of $1,000, and again, body repairs and paint prep are extra.

So... $2,500 is probably ballpark for a same color repaint (no doorjambs, etc) and one poster talking about a $12K paint job on a custom car classic rebuild is understandable too.

Bad News is each Maaco is a FRANCHISE, so lots depends on the owner and staff at each different Maaco.

Me? I would ask Lexus Dealer to do it, after lots of questions, and asking what kind of warranty I would get.

They would probably sublet to their own dealer body and collision repair shop, or one they recommend, but I would want the Lexus Dealer to stand behind the work.

depending on the current color of the car, and what color you want to go to, I would say spending 5 grand on a paint job should yeild a finish with no bitching. 6-8 grand will get you some nice custom paint work and 8-10 grand will be some premiere mirror finishes. Any more than that and your paying for airbrush work or custom art work on the car of some kind.

I went to Maaco for a $300 paint job 10 years ago, I think my 12 year old son could have done a better job, Then again, one of my friend went there and he paid $2800 for one of their better paint job and it came out pretty good. Almost as good as factory.