02 Lx470 - Cup Holders Are Giant

JGeorgeff

Hello everyone. New to the forum - but more importantly - a new Lexus owner. Just purchased a cherry 02 LX470. One detractor is the ENORMOUS cup holders. If I bought a Big Gulp every morning it would be OK - but I just use a standard sized tumbler from home. I've already spilled. Thoughts, suggestions and comments welcome. Thanks!!

Hello everyone. New to the forum - but more importantly - a new Lexus owner. Just purchased a cherry 02 LX470. One detractor is the ENORMOUS cup holders. If I bought a Big Gulp every morning it would be OK - but I just use a standard sized tumbler from home. I've already spilled. Thoughts, suggestions and comments welcome. Thanks!!

Are there not adjustable arms in the center divider that swing out to hug the mug? Mine are that way.

Are there not adjustable arms in the center divider that swing out to hug the mug? Mine are that way.

Ahh.....Nope. Just 2 'holes'. Regular sized cans, drinks, etc. fly around and spill. Sounds like I need to find the adjustable arms. Ideas?

Which "cup holders" are you referring to: The ones under the woodgrain flip up lid that are at the same level as the shift gate or the ones under the padded center console storage lid?

The former should have rubber flaps that are connected to arms that can swivel.

The latter is useless and is sitting in my garage somewhere.

Ed

Ahh.....Nope. Just 2 'holes'. Regular sized cans, drinks, etc. fly around and spill. Sounds like I need to find the adjustable arms. Ideas?

Which "cup holders" are you referring to: The ones under the woodgrain flip up lid that are at the same level as the shift gate or the ones under the padded center console storage lid?

The former should have rubber flaps that are connected to arms that can swivel.

The latter is useless and is sitting in my garage somewhere.

Ed

Thanks Ed. I'm talking about the cup holders under the woodgrain flip lid. At present they don't have any arms, etc.. They are only the 'holes' for a cup to rest in. The problem is they are much larger then any standard sized drink.