Towing Eyelet

ARTK

I have a RX 330. It was towed the other day and the right towing eyelet must be been damaged during the process. Now the eyelet is bent inward touching the exhaust pipe such that every time I drive, the exhaust pipe vibrates, hit the eyelet and make this annoying noise.

I can't get back to the towing company to get it fixed (long story). I can always have the dealer take a look but I suspect it isn't going to be cheap. So, my question is whether it is something that I can the local mechanics to hammer/bend it back to shape (i.e., back to vertical rather than bent).

Any thoughts?

You can probably get one cheap on ebay or it may just be generic-ish and available at a big box Auto parts store. Google it. Could also get one from a slavage yard.

Yes, sommeone with a good torch could straighten it but I would wonder if it's worth it and if it would weaken it.

Regards, PK

I wouldn't attempt to fix it. Even if you could get someone to get it back to shape, it would probably lose strength and it would be very hard to re-paint at an OEM level. You'd get a lot of rust and i wouldn't look good.

I would check car-part.com for used ones, or check the dealer for the price of a new one.

I had same problem: easy solution - took a prybar (long crowbar would work too), put it in the hole and bent it back into shape (think picture of Atlas moving the world on a long enough fulcrum). If you scratch it, tape off the surrounding area, get a can of flat black spray paint......voila! good as new.

I had same problem: easy solution - took a prybar (long crowbar would work too), put it in the hole and bent it back into shape (think picture of Atlas moving the world on a long enough fulcrum). If you scratch it, tape off the surrounding area, get a can of flat black spray paint......voila! good as new.

Amen to that fix!