Conversion Problems

I purchased a toyota aristo (the japanese version of the lexus gs300) I shipped her back to the states with me. now, the d.o.t. wants a crash test rating on my car or a letter from toyota stating that both cars are similar. If I can't get some type of info my car will be destroyed. can anyone help? :(

I purchased a toyota aristo (the japanese version of the lexus gs300) I shipped her back to the states with me. now, the d.o.t. wants a crash test rating on my car or a letter from toyota stating that both cars are similar. If I can't get some type of info my car will be destroyed. can anyone help? :(

you should have posted something up on the forums before you did that. the d.o.t. will rape you for everything you've got. they did that to my friend's skyline. put it in the car compactor and gave him back his car in a nice big !Removed! box. but yeah, the letter from toyota has to from japan because it was orginally built there. they are virtually the same car but things like breaks, pad, rims, lights, etc... and all that good stuff won't pass d.o.t. inspection. that or they will fine you an arm and a leg. sorry to be bearer of bad news, but either you pull some strings and get that letter from japan, or watch your car get compacted. by the way, what year is your aristo? i did a full aristo conversion on my gs300 but what's missing is the engine. that's about it... plus right had drive.