'06 Ls 430 Transmission Fluid

sandydennis

The BG flush is a power flush and fill used to replace all of the fluid. In my area, it is available at independent shops and dealers. You can find further information using Google, etc.

Many on this forum use and swear by the "drain and add" method. Merits of each can be debated but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. What matters is clean fluid and fluid that meets Toyota specs.

Don't get talked into power flushes, wierd and high priced brands of fluid or talked into disconnecting the return hose or you'll end up with maddening unanticipated and expensive system problems.

Simply suck the old fluid out of the PS reservoir and pour back an equivalent amount, then drive a bit and repeat a total of 7-8 times (do this over a period of days if you wish). Use a 10 foot long piece of vinyl tubing you can buy at a hardware store. Do NOT jam the hose hard into the bottom of the reservoir or you could puncture the fragile filter screen at the bottom. Be gentle.

Use genuine Toyota automatic transmission fluid part# 00716-ATF00 available from any Toyota dealer parts dept. On the bottle it says "Formulated to replace Dexron II or III in applicable Toyota models" And it says right on the cap of your PS reservoir to use "Dexron Automatic transmission fluid". You'll only need 1-2 quarts, depending on how many suck and refills you do.

The factory fill power steering fluid is undyed Dexron automatic transmission fluid so don't be alarmed by it's golden tan color - that's normal.

Don't fool with the solenoid until you have carefully studied the solenoid filter screen cleaning threads on this forum and at Club Lexus. Ideally you should try to practice the procedure on a '90-'97 LS400 you may be able to find in a local self service auto wrecking yard, because otherwise you might end up ruining the solenoid when trying to unscrew it.

ok, you convinced me not to go crazy with the ps fluid. I will use your method, sounds easy and makes sense. If I do not power flush the tranny, have you used or recommend the "quart out, quart in" method of replacing the tranny fluid. Some sent a link to instructions for doing this on 90-94 model(pics an all). Thanks!

Thanks. I want to try the drain a quart and add a quart method, if I can get comfortable with a set up that works on my car. I did my truck like this and it was pretty easy, but a little messy until I got the hang of it.

yes, it's the same deal with the tranny fluid; i.e. measure the amount drained, pour back the same amount, + a about 1/2 of a pint (8 ounces) extra. Them start the motor, shift slowly through all gear ranges ending in Park and check fluid level. Should be somewhere in the Cold range. Then go grocery shopping ( drive at least 15 minutes and recheck fluid level to be sure it is now within the Hot range. You might need to add a bit more fluid. Buy the Toyota Type T-IV fluid from the parts dept of a toyota dealer.