Rx450h Having Trouble Counting In Kilometres

rcomeau

Hi,

I just finished driving from Montreal to New York (NJ actually, just across the river from Manhattan). I had programmed the Nav from the start to guide me to the hotel and found some interesting issues. First, it seemed that the predicted arrival time was way later than I would have expected. After crossing into the US, I essentially had 5 hours or so driving down I87. I noticed that the Nav was continuously trying to get me off the I87 to side roads. Any side road. I ignored it and it would always recalculate, and almost beg me to get off the highway at the next exit. It bugged me for a while, and I was also puzzled at how it thought 300km would take 5 hours or so... Finally, I realized that it was assuming that the speed limit on the I87 was 65kph instead of 65mph. That explained why it wanted me on side roads. At one point, I stopped for a minute, and switched the Nav units to miles. It took a few minutes of driving, but that caused the Nav to fall in love with the I87 again, and for the arrival time to make sense (10:30pm instead of 12:15am!). I also noticed that the average speed in the dashboard display was wrong. After 3 hours virtually non-stop (after a fill up on the highway) at 105-110 kph (one 5 minute Starbucks coffee stop) the average speed was 55kph. I would have believed 55mph.

My questions are: Has any one else noticed this (any Canadian or European users)? I would be grateful if someone in the US can try switching to kilometres for any trip to see if they get the same effect. Finally, who can I report this to? I will let the dealer know, but I assume that would not get anywhere and want to report the software bug to someone that might actually log it for the developers.

Otherwise, very nice drive. Started in a snow storm but cleared up for a relaxing, quiet drive.

Cheers,

Roch