Mice In Car

don rahn

I have to park my 2007 ES 350 in my driveway overnight in summer. Twice last year I had a mouse inside the car. This has never happened in 40 years of parking outside. I called the Lexus dealer, and explained that there is either a design flaw, or a manufacturing problem. I presume that no normal car is designed to allow rodents into the passenger compartment. They told me to eliminate the mice from my parking area. 3 times they told me that. Unbelievable. And they replaced some air filters they said were damaged, at my expense. Someone has mentioned to me that putting a dryer sheet in front of my air vent intake might help, but I don't know where that is, or if there is a better solution. Any ideas?

Adopting a cat from the pound might even be cheaper than the dryer sheets?

I am not sure "keepings animals out of the car" is part of the design process at Lexus - or any auto manufacturer. If it is, it is certainly news to me.

Yeah this is pretty preposterous IMHO. The fact that you have never had a mouse in 40 plus years and do now is indicitive of the fact that...now you've got some mice living around your driveway and you didn't over the previous 40 years.

Vehicles are VERY susceptible to damage by rodents. Lots of ducts and unsealed places they can crawl into and plenty of ways they can get into the vehicle. Any vehicle...not just the Lexus. Plus...rodents chew. They can create ways inside the vehicle where there were none before.

I agree with Lexus...rid the driveway area of rodents.

As for replacing damaged air filters at your expense...why would they pay to replace air filters you allowed to be consumed by rodents? Did the Lexus dealer put the rodents in your car? Infestation by rodents is not a warranty item :rolleyes:

Some people are incredible.

• 4 weeks later...
I have to park my 2007 ES 350 in my driveway overnight in summer. Twice last year I had a mouse inside the car. This has never happened in 40 years of parking outside. I called the Lexus dealer, and explained that there is either a design flaw, or a manufacturing problem. I presume that no normal car is designed to allow rodents into the passenger compartment. They told me to eliminate the mice from my parking area. 3 times they told me that. Unbelievable. And they replaced some air filters they said were damaged, at my expense. Someone has mentioned to me that putting a dryer sheet in front of my air vent intake might help, but I don't know where that is, or if there is a better solution. Any ideas?

be aware of skunks...

post-100730-1269358195_thumb.jpg

Try this...

post-22186-1269376281_thumb.jpg

By the way you would not imagine the damages I have had people call in for claims from possums, raccoons, cats...etc to the engine compartment. Chewed hoses...belts...someone starting a car and ERRRR.