How To Remove The Audio Unit?

recently i want to replace the burnout bulbs in the audio unit, but i don't know how to detach the unit after i pull out the ash tray.

i know there must be some experts can leading me to do so.

here is the picture i took and do i need to undo the bolts indicated?

post-1-1075476940.jpg

recently i want to replace the burnout bulbs in the audio unit, but i don't know how to detach the unit after i pull out the ash tray.

i know there must be some experts can leading me to do so.

here is the picture i took and do i need to undo the bolts indicated?

I HAVE THE FIRST GEN GS300 AND MY CONSOLE COMES OFF IN FOUR PIECES: ASHTRAY, RADIO, AC UNIT, AND VENTS. IN MY EXPERIENCE, I TOOK OFF THE ASHTRAY, UNSCREWED WHAT NEEDED TO BE UNSCREWED AND YANKED OUT THE RADIO, AC UNIT, AND VENTS. I FORGET, IT'S BEEN SUCH A LONG TIME, BUT WHEN I REINSTALLED MY DVD UNIT, I REMEMBER HOOKING IT UP TO TWO SIDE MOUNTS WHICH HELD THE RADIO PLUS AC UNIT AND I BELIEVE THE VENTS AS WELL. HOPE THIS HELPS. GOOD LUCK.

• 2 weeks later...

well, i have a 96 es300 and i took the radio out by undoing the screws that u have in ur pic, plus taking out the air vent right over the stereo unit. i used a flat screw driver with a tshirt wrapped around the tip and carefully pryed out the vent. i found 2 screws on there that were holding the stereo unit in place. soon as i undid those the stereo just pulled out. i know its a different model lex but i hope this helps some.

Do all your bulbs in your stereo are out? If just one of the bulb was out then it's easier to replace. I have a same problem with my radio, sometimes, all bulbs are light up, most of the time is not, I found out that by taping on the stereo. Most likely, the power supply is the problem, which causes for all the light bulb not to light up.