Check Vsc

vevro

My car battery was disconected overnight and consequently this morning my CHECK VSC light bulb was on. The battery had to be disconected and i expected to see this message. Does anyone know how to reprogram the computer without taking the car to the dealership? This is 99 LS.

Thanks.

vevro ...........

Mine did this too. It freaked me out as well. :unsure:

The good news is that after several (3 to 5) complete start/stop cycles with the ignition off/on the VSC will reset.

I was about to write a post too and it took care of itself.

Yours will most likely resolve itself as well. :cheers:

98 LS,

Ah, that's music to my ears. But technically the VSC itself is not turned off right now even though the message and the dashboard light is on indicating that it is? Am I correct in that assessment?

98 LS,

Ah, that's music to my ears. But technically the VSC itself is not turned off right now even though the message and the dashboard light is on indicating that it is? Am I correct in that assessment?

Not sure ........ I didn't try to spin a wheel or test it.

I only know that the button is "in-op" in that it won't turn off the warning light.

Drive it normally for a few days and shortly you will fire it up and the light will go off. :D

• 1 year later...
Guys,

Changed my battery 3 months ago but I never noticed anything wrong on the dash light - I can't believe I missed it.  Thanks for the info  :D

vevro -  I like the avatar;  America will never forget!

You prolly didnt wait long enough for the system to reset. You must switched them quick :)

Oh shoot, i just remembered we're in 2005. I thought this post was only 7 days old :chairshot:

Oh shoot, i just remembered we're in 2005. I thought this post was only 7 days old :chairshot:

Bartender, 3 shots of Meyers...3 ice cubes...and a splash of coke for both of us on me. :cheers: