Good Price On 2005 Ls430

rwallican

I'm considering selling my 2005 LS430 and upgrading to a 2008 LS460. It's silver with 62k miles. It has the Mark Levinson/nav package, park assist, heated and cooled seats, etc. It's super clean and has had all the maintenance done up to this point. What do you guys think would be a good starting point to sell it?

What color is it inside and out?

I drove two 2005's yesterday, CPO one had nav/lev and was silver with a grey interior, that was $27,900...and another that was brown and tan without nav/lev and it was $25,900, both with right at 50,000 miles and in perfect shape. Don't know how low the dealers would go on them...I haven't gotten that far yet.

I would think $23k for yours private party...maybe start advertising it for $25k, less because it has no warranty, slightly higher miles, no dealer avenue for financing etc.

I've got the silver with black interior. Good points. I was thinking around $25k or so. I'm so torn between selling it and just keeping it for a couple more years. I must say, it's nice to drive a vehicle for a couple of years and still equity in it! This is one of the few brands that give you that possibity. I was thinking that this might be the "ideal" time to sell because of the age and relatively low mileage. The longer I keep it, the more I risk losing potential buyers.

Its not the ideal time because of everything going on with Toyota.

I'd keep it.

You know its funny, like I said I'm shopping for the "right" 05 or 06 LS430. I was looking at how cheap the LS460s have gotten and I was thinking "Hey, I should spend a little more and just get a 460" but then I kind of realized...I actually prefer the 430!

I like the fact that when you see it you know its an LS mainly...The 460 is a beautiful car but you can easily mistake it from a distance for any number of cars...an ES350...even a Camry from a distance and at certain angles. Its part of the new L-Finesse "cohesion"...but when you see an 04-06 (I think the 01-03 is pretty ungainly looking) you instantly know its an LS...I like the chrome trim around the beltline.

Qualitywise there are some material quality differences between the two...

I do really like the interior of the 460 though.

I have mistaken so many 460s for the ES that it's a shame! I thought it was just me. I do love that interior on the 460. I don't like the driving position though. Seems as though I'm sitting in a lower position than my 430. I'll make a final decision by June-July. I just had the 60k service done and would like to enjoy that $500 a bit more. Thanks for the feedback.

Oh yeah it definately sits lower, part of making the whole line "sportier". I also like the fact that you sit up high in the LS430...

I have an 05 LS and have driven several of the 460 models (I had one as a loaner for a week). I concur with everything Steve says. While the 460s are nice, I'm perfectly happy with my 430 for the foreseeable future...