Pinstripes Faded

All the "paint stripes" I've seen on Lexus vehicles have been the decal type and of the same design -- seems like the same supplier has been supplying all the Lexus dealers. Does yours have the standard little "L" logo in each stripe/decal?

If your paint stripes are decals, they can be removed with a hair dryer and the adhesive residue left behind with a good cleaner wax -- that's what I did on my 00 LS when the stripes began to deteriorate.

<<Does yours have the standard little "L" logo in each stripe/decal?>>

Huh? Dunno, tell me more. What and where am I looking for?

Maybe my pinstripes are handpainted, as I suspect previous owner had crash. I bought at 30K miles and was told hood had been repainted.

<<Does yours have the standard little "L" logo in each stripe/decal?>>

Huh? Dunno, tell me more. What and where am I looking for?

Maybe my pinstripes are handpainted, as I suspect previous owner had crash. I bought at 30K miles and was told hood had been repainted.

It's possible that your pin stripes were hand painted but I didn't think anybody did that anymore -- except for custom car shops that do graphics.

Feel the pin stripes with your finger tips to see if you can feel the pinstripe edge. I doubt if you could feel the edge of a painted stripe but you will for sure if they were applied in a tape decal process.

Again, is there one tiny Lexus "L" logo on the pin stripe on each side of the car? If there is then you have the standard decal pinstripes that most Lexus dealers use. Actually, the Lexus decal pin stripes look very good and are hard to tell from hand painted pin stripes.

Here is an old thread about removing decal/tape pinstripes and having painted ones repaired: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;hl=pinstripe

Pinstripes are sort of a personal thing -- some like 'em, some don't. I think I'll get flames for my LS -- can't find them with Lexus logos so Toyota Flames will have to do. ;)

post-2157-1266778187_thumb.jpg