Newbie...questions.

bamaguy

Well...after 16 years of Suburbans; Yukon XL's and kids; I finally did what I've wanted to do for at least 8 years...LS...( LS430; 2006)...new member...

The dealer will replace the existing tires but after much research I am in a quandary...which tire?? My LS430 is Euro-tuned suspension with P245/45R18, based on the fact that I live in B'ham and travel in the south with occasional jounts to KY, OH, snow is not a real issue. Prefer lower noise and smooth ride on highway; preformance sometimes when speeding through hilly B'ham.

It appears that the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus; Continental ExtremeContact DWS; and Yokohama ADVAN S4 get best reviews but I have not seen a dedicated "what tires do you drive/and experience" thread. We get a crapload of rain but dry humid conditions are the norm...I look forward to many educated replies;)

Michilan primacy mxv4 is always recomended on here, but the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires are a good choice based on your criteria.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

considering the reviews:miles the bridgestone wipes out every other tire (this site)..no question. but specifics on LS430 is what I am targeting. what experience with tires on LS430...?

If you search through the results a little you can find the ones on a lexus. Select lexus for the make and about half way down the page there is an 06 LS430, along with many other LS's. This should help. Personally I have never used these tires but one of the auto instructers at the local community college turned me on to them, and ($$ allowing) they will be my next tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComme...445WR8RE960PPXL

The only tire I would put on that car is the Michelin Primacy MXV4...especially since the dealer is paying. I'm in the market for the same car and have driven a bunch of them, and the wrong set of tires really puts a lot of road noise into the cabin.

Thats the tire ;) I have them on my ES and they are very smooth and quiet.

Welcom BamaGuy, I just did all this research too, and same driving conditions as you. Oxnard Lexus Dealer recommended Michelin Primacy MXV4 225/55R17 RadialX with 97H or V Speed Rating, doesnt matter, for $218 List inc. tire tax and haz waste fee, plus $27 each to mount and balance. ALLIGNMENT 4 Wheel $135 extra. Bought 5 Tires during wife's 90K service on 2002 LS430 on Feb 2, 2010.

My 1994 LS400 was a top rated car, and wife's LS430 continues the LEXUS tradition. Wanted the best for her and Michelin.com educates you. Find tire by auto type: that's their best tire for the LS430: All Wx Rain/Performance Tire. Same one Dealer Recommended: Primacy MXV4

It was introduced about 4 years ago. Find Michelin Dealers: COSTCO also sells, and has lifetime rotate, but their cost does NOT include all misc costs I listed above. Another Poster in Tire Forum said other than tire, biggest factor for Ride Comfort was 4 Wheel ALLIGNMENT every 30K miles.

Remember, your life and car rides on only four tiny patches of rubber.

ALSO, Small Aircraft go airborne at 60 m.p.h.

ALSO, One Day, you might meet someone coming towards you on those hills, who drives as crazy as you do. YIKES

MODERATER: Could you post also in Tire Forum?

• 3 weeks later...