10000mile/12month Service Now Complementary

wh2

Just received letter from Lexus announcing that the 2010 RX350 has maintenance interval modification and authorizes use of Lexus Synthetic 0-20W in this vehicle. A supplementary maintenance booklet was included, and it simplifies describing what services are to be performed. Furthermore, it also announces that the first 10000mile/12month service is now complementary if performed by the dealer. The new interval ( every 10000 miles or 12 months ) assumes vehicle is driven in other than severe conditions ( normal service ) and that the prescribed synthetic lubricant is used.

Its about time, the Germans have been doing long sythetic oil change intervals for years now. The Lexus dealers must not be very happy over the lost of income.

Do you know if the longer service intervals using synthetic oil also apply to the 09RX350? -- and yes, the Germans have been allowing 15K miles or one year (BMW).

Its about time, the Germans have been doing long sythetic oil change intervals for years now. The Lexus dealers must not be very happy over the lost of income.

Do you know if the longer service intervals using synthetic oil also apply to the 09RX350? -- and yes, the Germans have been allowing 15K miles or one year (BMW).

I did not believe so, someone need to confrim that. I think it is only for newer Lexus which uses sythetic oil.

I did not believe so, someone need to confrim that. I think it is only for newer Lexus which uses sythetic oil.

Tks. I will ask the dealer when I next take the car in for oil change, and I will post result if the answer is 'yes'. [As an aside, on an older 99RX300, after CPO warranty expired, I used synthetic and one-year intervals (I drive about 5Kmiles a year per car), and the engine is fine].

Tks. I will ask the dealer when I next take the car in for oil change, and I will post result if the answer is 'yes'. [As an aside, on an older 99RX300, after CPO warranty expired, I used synthetic and one-year intervals (I drive about 5Kmiles a year per car), and the engine is fine].

5000 miles on sythetic oil with a 99 RX should be fine. Most of the time, manufacturers dont want the owners to run long sythetic oil change interval because the oem oil filter is not design for it and they want their dealer to make more money on maintenance. There are a few after market oil filters that are design for long oil change intervals.

I presume our 6-week old RX was factory delivered with synthetic oil. The service manual that was given to us with the vehicle states 10000 mileage interval between oil changes. Nevertheless, I just received the Lexus letter and revised manual, which I guess reflects the system catching up with what was already in place.

Question: How important is the non-oil change 5000 mile service interval? It seems to me this is nothing more than a make-work for the dealer. We have a Mercedes where you never have service other than at 10000 mile intervals.

Besides it being a PITA to have to go to the dealer any more than necessary, why spend money if not needed?

A second question: We had a 2000 RX300, and we had routine maintenance preformed by a Toyota dealer. Not as many bells and whistles as in the Lexus dealer's lounge, but the prices were a lot more appealing. Are there any warranty issues with having Toyota do routine maintenance?

I presume our 6-week old RX was factory delivered with synthetic oil. The service manual that was given to us with the vehicle states 10000 mileage interval between oil changes. Nevertheless, I just received the Lexus letter and revised manual, which I guess reflects the system catching up with what was already in place.

Question: How important is the non-oil change 5000 mile service interval? It seems to me this is nothing more than a make-work for the dealer. We have a Mercedes where you never have service other than at 10000 mile intervals.

Besides it being a PITA to have to go to the dealer any more than necessary, why spend money if not needed?

A second question: We had a 2000 RX300, and we had routine maintenance preformed by a Toyota dealer. Not as many bells and whistles as in the Lexus dealer's lounge, but the prices were a lot more appealing. Are there any warranty issues with having Toyota do routine maintenance?

I believe all the new RX was delivery with synthetic oil from factory, any 0W20 is synthetic. Do you still have to do the 5000 schedule the maintenance in between the 10000 miles oil change, I would hope not. So the 1st 5000 schedule check up and the 10000 mile oil change is free, or has the 1st 5000 schedule check up become 10000 miles now? Anyway, the 1st check is good for customize setting. I always have a list of changes I want the dealer to do.

The RX300 share the same engine with some Toyota, so it should not affect your warranty.