Replacement Headlights

nyuhsuk

Just noticed the other day after I got out of my car that one of the daytime running lights are out. After doing a search through our forum, looks like no one really posted anything about replacing these themselves... just wanted to see if I missed something but I would really like to do this myself if possible.

Any leads?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like I didn't identify the lights properly... it's actually one of my HIDs... anyone do this replacement themselves? Or should I just go to my mech? Can the bulb itself be obtained somewhere cheap?

Thanks~~

I would ask that the dealer replace the bulb under warranty. Thats way too short a lifespan.

You'll want to replace them in pairs...

Warranty is up already. Lousy 40k, 5 yr lifespan on that warranty...

I would ask that the dealer replace the bulb under warranty. Thats way too short a lifespan.

You'll want to replace them in pairs...

Warranty is up already. Lousy 40k, 5 yr lifespan on that warranty...

I meant 4 year 50k.

So...

I guess no one of the board replaced their Xenon headlight bulbs here themselves? I'm just wondering if it's DIY-able as I can obtain the bulbs for a good price.

Thanks~

I'd buy the bulbs yourself and have a mechanic or whoever put them in. You can buy a new pair on ebay for ~ $130 shipped.

Only bulbs you should replace them with are the philips d2s model number 85122 or 85122+.

I'd buy the bulbs yourself and have a mechanic or whoever put them in. You can buy a new pair on ebay for ~ $130 shipped.

Only bulbs you should replace them with are the philips d2s model number 85122 or 85122+.

Awesome. thanks for the tip on the bulb model type. I couldn't find any real data anywhere. It's that tough eh? I'll look through my repair manual and defer it to my mechanic if necessary.

Thanks again.