Name Or Number Of The Engine

I am somebody who knows cars for a long time especially American cars and I know a lot about the engines they have like every car have a name or number for the Engine or Transmission they have.

But I don't know much about foreign engines.

I work at the Vw dealership and they tell me that the engine in my car is the same as the Ls has.

But that can't be true the thing is they don't know this engine is not a stupid engine it has almost audi like performance it can go to high rpms without problems but it' still very smooth but it's still sporty not a luxury engine.

Like with Duratec engines when you drive them a little hard they lose power very fast in a few years you'll have slower performance so most people baby the car a little more.

But my sc400 feels a little bit like an Audi like it's a sportcar but the engine is still quiter and smoother then Audi but when I step on the gas the way it operates feel more european then luxury.

So I found out the Ls 400 has an 1uzfe engine.

That engine was designed FOR the Ls 400 and it's a 4.0 v8.

The sc400 is ALSO a 4.0 v8 but I went too google and I found the 1 uzfethe 2 uzfe and 3uzfe.

But only the 1Uzfe is 4.0 v8.

But these are all Original 100% Toyota engines.

But people at work told me that in the 90's Gm owned Toyota and Toyota build a lot of cars on the platform of Gm.

LIke Toyota Corolla is actually a Chevy Prism a Geo Metro also has a Toyota that looks like it and that the Sc400 is actually a Cadillac model that should have come out but didn't .

But I'm thinking the Sc400 is build together with another EUROPEAN car maker like Chrysler have Benz engines I think the engine is part 1uzfe and part Mercedes or something.

Because I went to change the bushings a few months ago and noticed that My sc had independent suspension.

It's not normal for a car to have an independent suspension in 1994 so I think the suspesion came out of some European car.

So do any of you know the number of the engine AND the transmission found in the SC400?

And did Gm really own TOYOTA?

Because these people are car guys but they don't know.

Way back in the begining they tought all LEXUSUS had a camry engine in them and we're all front wheel drive.

Now they went to look for some information and came out with this thing that Sc400 has Ls 400 engines and that those engines are lame and not build for performance like Vwengines.

All they are interested in is speed and performance and this likes cars made for older people I don't care about that but just for the record I want to find out that I don't have an engine made for slow luxury cars.

Ok so SC 400 really DO HAVE the same engine as the Ls 400.

I know this is Normal in most car manifacturers like Gm also put the same engines in their normal cars that they do in their higher performance cars.

The thing is like with Mercedes Benz they came with a though engine that's especially designed to drive fast.

It has a stronger crankshaft to handle High rpms without a problem.

But people at work say that vw's has that too that the engine and transmissions are heavy duty and designed to be able to withstand High Rpms

MOst of then these days have an automatic tiptronic transmission and most of these guys shift on very high Rpms.

They shift like at 5k rpm or something like that they say that because their car is a sportcar they can do that and nothing will happen to the engine but if I do that I will kill my transmission and my engine because my car is a luxury car it's not made for performance driving.

Please don't get me wrong I'm not trying to race here on anything I am almost 40 years old but I'm just curious to find out what the difference is between Luxury engines and so called sportcars engines.

Because as I can see most Vw and Audi's are not even sportcars they are Sedans but the thing is they have a smaller engine but they put Turbo in it so you'll get like V8 performance out of a 1.8 engine.

BUt does that mean that the engine is extra strong to take High Rpm?

And yesterday we tried something on the freeway and the only Vw that seems faster then my car was the Passat CC man that car is SOOOOO fast I watched it go.

The owner said that he can do 0-60mph in 1.4 sec.yes ONE POINT FOR SECONDS!!!

He said he timed it himself one day and I saw that was the only car that really leaves me behind.

BUt I was a little faster then the Jetta the Jetta has a tiptronic Gearbox so he was shifting like beyond redline and me with my Automatic kept passing the Jetta everytime with the lever in D I was just flooring it the car would pick up speed but go so smoothly but it still had a little more then the Jetta.

I could even pass the Audi A4 avant bit the Passat could keep up with me better.

The passat is a car that I would respect also because with a 2.0 engine it's about as strong as my V8 but still when I really gunned it I was able to pass it once.

A few months back there was a lady who worked with us who had a Bmw 3 serie I think it was 335 or something but it was 1994 too and after work we we're on the same road I gunned it and passed her also.

But I think that's because her car had a few issues because she herself said that she haid a problem with the exhaust and maybe that kind of took away some horsepower.

But I mean A lexus going faster then a BMW?

First time in history even if the BMW is not performing 100%

I'm not a speed person but I just went yesterday to kind of see what it's really like and if it's true what people are talking about.

But about the engines how do most of you qualify the engines.

I'm guessing that the SC300 engines MUST BE LIKE VW engines in term of sustaining high Rpms because it's the Supra engines.

But what about the 1 UZFE?

How do you rank these engines in terms of their strenght?

THe 1UZFE,Supra Engines,Vw and Audi's engines,Mercedes Engines,BMW engines,Gm Engines Honda engines and Fords Duratec?

I know this post makes no sense but I'm just curious because at work we always have these no sense talks about who's car is faster and who's engine is stronger and I always can't defend myself because I don't know much about the car I drive.

You know how young people of today are they just talk and talk like yeah My car is the best and this car is faster and sportier but Lexuses are for old people that likes luxury but I want to prove it's not like that.

I'm thinking that Vws engines and the 1uzfe are about the same in sustaining high Rpms I don;t think there are any difference maybe only the pistons are a little stronger because they have to handle the Turbo but that's about it.

But anyway I know all this stuff is senseless so I can imagine why most people won't read it I know it's stupid to sit and talk about speed and performance especially about Lexus but I'm just a little curious that's all

He said he timed it himself one day and I saw that was the only car that really leaves me behind.

... I know it's stupid ...

... I know this post makes no sense ...

But anyway I know all this stuff is senseless so I can imagine why most people won't read it

You know Danny, in the beginning, I was quite amused by some of your earlier posts ... now I'm a bit concerned. It's not a rant. It's not a monologue. It's not a dissertation. It's a rambling mess! You're embarrassing yourself. :chairshot:

My advice ... think twice about what you're going to write, edit it down to about 5 lines of type, then read it out loud to yourself before posting to see if it makes sense.

Oh

The thing is when I give a comment I don't give exactly my comment I give the comment of the people at work because they know more about foreign cars then me anyway.

Something else you might consider. There may be some LOC members who have or had an audi, porsche, or (like myself) a bimmer, but believe me, no one here is even slightly interested in anything your co-workers have to say. Now don't take this as an insult, :whistles: but I suggest you keep it Lexus or go post at VW.

... I know it's stupid ...

... I know this post makes no sense ...

But anyway I know all this stuff is senseless so I can imagine why most people won't read it

You know Danny, in the beginning, I was quite amused by some of your earlier posts ... now I'm a bit concerned. It's not a rant. It's not a monologue. It's not a dissertation. It's a rambling mess! You're embarrassing yourself. :chairshot:

My advice ... think twice about what you're going to write, edit it down to about 5 lines of type, then read it out loud to yourself before posting to see if it makes sense.

Oh

The thing is when I give a comment I don't give exactly my comment I give the comment of the people at work because they know more about foreign cars then me anyway.

Something else you might consider. There may be some LOC members who have or had an audi, porsche, or (like myself) a bimmer, but believe me, no one here is even slightly interested in anything your co-workers have to say. Now don't take this as an insult, :whistles: but I suggest you keep it Lexus or go post at VW.

"IRS" not common on a 1994 car?????? Dude! My 76' datsun 280z has it! As well as all the nissan 240sx's I've owned! Had an 87 200sx nissan with it also. What planet are you from? You made me laugh with that post about sc300's and 400's having to be rebuild after 150,000 or so miles! Whatever your smoking just stop! These cars easily go 300,000 miles! Btw according to most consumer groups Vw's have some of the worst quality ratings of any brand. Just get off your Vw kick already!

post-106115-1266703948_thumb.jpg

I am somebody who knows cars for a long time especially American cars and I know a lot about the engines they have like every car have a name or number for the Engine or Transmission they have.

But I don't know much about foreign engines.

I work at the Vw dealership and they tell me that the engine in my car is the same as the Ls has.

But that can't be true the thing is they don't know this engine is not a stupid engine it has almost audi like performance it can go to high rpms without problems but it' still very smooth but it's still sporty not a luxury engine.

Like with Duratec engines when you drive them a little hard they lose power very fast in a few years you'll have slower performance so most people baby the car a little more.

But my sc400 feels a little bit like an Audi like it's a sportcar but the engine is still quiter and smoother then Audi but when I step on the gas the way it operates feel more european then luxury.

So I found out the Ls 400 has an 1uzfe engine.

That engine was designed FOR the Ls 400 and it's a 4.0 v8.

The sc400 is ALSO a 4.0 v8 but I went too google and I found the 1 uzfethe 2 uzfe and 3uzfe.

But only the 1Uzfe is 4.0 v8.

But these are all Original 100% Toyota engines.

But people at work told me that in the 90's Gm owned Toyota and Toyota build a lot of cars on the platform of Gm.

LIke Toyota Corolla is actually a Chevy Prism a Geo Metro also has a Toyota that looks like it and that the Sc400 is actually a Cadillac model that should have come out but didn't .

But I'm thinking the Sc400 is build together with another EUROPEAN car maker like Chrysler have Benz engines I think the engine is part 1uzfe and part Mercedes or something.

Because I went to change the bushings a few months ago and noticed that My sc had independent suspension.

It's not normal for a car to have an independent suspension in 1994 so I think the suspesion came out of some European car.

So do any of you know the number of the engine AND the transmission found in the SC400?

And did Gm really own TOYOTA?

Because these people are car guys but they don't know.

Way back in the begining they tought all LEXUSUS had a camry engine in them and we're all front wheel drive.

Now they went to look for some information and came out with this thing that Sc400 has Ls 400 engines and that those engines are lame and not build for performance like Vwengines.

All they are interested in is speed and performance and this likes cars made for older people I don't care about that but just for the record I want to find out that I don't have an engine made for slow luxury cars.

To answer one of your questions: No, Gm has never "owned" toyota. They did however have a partnership in building crossover models ie. (united motor group) that went from the late 80's(corolla/prizm) until recently(pontiac vibe/ matrix)

Ok I'm sorry but I'm gonna stop this right now.

I know all ths is stupid stuff but it's the kind of things I have to put up with with the young guys I work with that talks only about speed speed and speed and racing and that kind of stuff.

I know it's crazy and after working every day with them I kinda got as crazy as them also but this is not me I'm not a kind of person who only speaks about my car my car is a way of transportaton and I don't have to be proud of it who cares if it's better then Vw or not you know to young guys that's all that matters their cars but not me there are mostimportant things in life then to sit and talk about my car.

Like I said I'm sorry for such catching my coworkers childish behiavior and going racing them on the freeway like crazy and post about it here.

It's not important I know it's dangerous to drive fast and I should have known better but that's not how I normally act.

Once Again I'm really sorry.