Optional E-sport Wheels On Es Pics

joeb427

• 4 weeks later...

post-105258-1268574690_thumb.jpg

Anyone have a pic of E-Sports wheels on an ES 350?

Sewell has them for $221 after 10% discount.

Would like to see a set on an ES 350.

Here's a snap of my E-sport wheels on a 2008 ES 350, Black Saphire UL. I love them and have had lots of compliments. In my mind it gives the car a nice classic look.

Honestly, those are the ugliest wheels I have ever seen - bar none.

Ahh, aesthetics! Beauty certainly is in the eye of the beholder. To me the contemporary spoked wheels so popular today are reminiscent of the Big Wheel toy bikes of the 1970's while the wire wheel appearance of the E-sport wheels offered by Lexus are reflective of the classic MK2 Jaguar era. See the pics for what I mean.

Wheels.pdf

Its a matter of what car they are on. The wire wheels look good on the Jag...but on the Lexus they look out of place IMHO.

The Lexus is a modern contemporary car, the Jag is a classic old world looking vehicle. Put wire wheels on a brand new Jag XF that is very contemporary looking and it would look stupid.

Just the same as whitewalls look great on a classic Thunderbird or Corvette, but not on a Ferrari.

I find it interesting that the Lexus designers who came up with the totally outstanding L-finesse design of the ES-350 (one of the main reasons I bought the 350 rather than the earlier blander 330) would choose the E-Sport wire wheels as an option. They had hundreds if not thousands of other alloy wheel designs to designate as an option. Why did they choose the E-Sport? In my humble opinion, and again this is all very subjective, I think they know what they are doing and that those wheels go very well with the 350 as the compliments I've gotten on them seem to prove. The E-Sport wheels have been offered every year since the 350 came out. The only saving grace for any differences in opinions on wheel styles is that when you're doing 70 on the interstate no one can tell what style of wheels you have on the car! (By the way, those slab sides of the Jag Mk 2 aren't too different from the 350.)

I find it interesting that the Lexus designers who came up with the totally outstanding L-finesse design of the ES-350 (one of the main reasons I bought the 350 rather than the earlier blander 330) would choose the E-Sport wire wheels as an option. They had hundreds if not thousands of other alloy wheel designs to designate as an option. Why did they choose the E-Sport? In my humble opinion, and again this is all very subjective, I think they know what they are doing and that those wheels go very well with the 350 as the compliments I've gotten on them seem to prove. The E-Sport wheels have been offered every year since the 350 came out. The only saving grace for any differences in opinions on wheel styles is that when you're doing 70 on the interstate no one can tell what style of wheels you have on the car! (By the way, those slab sides of the Jag Mk 2 aren't too different from the 350.)

Its because a lot of older people buy the ES. Older people like...garish things. Think about canvas tops, gold emblems, whitewalls. Remember those big gold grills you could buy for Cadillacs in the 90s?