Rim Help

Blk Blood

Hi, its the middle of winter here in Quebec which means i got to wait another 2, maybe 3 months before i can take my car out of storage.... Now for a nice coming out party this year i want to do a few things to Alexis(my car lol) Change the headlights, taillights, new emblems, new intake, a drop... ladida but the key thing is the shoes. Ive been promising ALexis(my car) new shoes for 2 years now... she feels like 20s and i really like these konig prizmas.....post-99615-1266053349_thumb.jpg

Im not sure if this is too sporty for an LS??

post-99615-1266053583_thumb.jpg

What do you think?

If you want to avoid the ghetto or Conestoga wagon look, don't go any bigger than 18". IMHO, the painted silver or gray center with polished lip is better for your Lexus than the black center. However, I'm an older guy who might not be in touch with the latest trend in "dubs".

If you want to avoid the ghetto or Conestoga wagon look, don't go any bigger than 18". IMHO, the painted silver or gray center with polished lip is better for your Lexus than the black center. However, I'm an older guy who might not be in touch with the latest trend in "dubs".

I agree ...silver / grey center with polished l/chrome lip....that cameleon lip to ghetto....just my opinion B)

Hi, its the middle of winter here in Quebec which means i got to wait another 2, maybe 3 months before i can take my car out of storage.... Now for a nice coming out party this year i want to do a few things to Alexis(my car lol) Change the headlights, taillights, new emblems, new intake, a drop... ladida but the key thing is the shoes. Ive been promising ALexis(my car) new shoes for 2 years now... she feels like 20s and i really like these konig prizmas.....post-99615-1266053349_thumb.jpg

What do you think?

I think they look awsome (Pimp!) , and they will look good on your car. If you like it go for it. do with for u not for the others ;)

Your car looks great! i have a 1993 white and silver and i want to put some 19" crome or bright silver polished lip deep dish on it.

take care,

Bounjour mon ami. Nice to see you park her for the winter. My wife's parents are from la belle ville de

Quebec, so I know it well. As for Alexis new shoes, short of putting them on, the only way to get an idea is to photoshop them onto your car. Take some shots of your car at roughly the same angle as the rims and pop them in. This way you can try different styles to decide which look the best. C'est ca.

The Prismaz you show look good but be careful how large of diameter you go. If ride comfort is important go lower in size (17 - 18) - if looks are dominant then go larger. Larger wheel/small tire height will result in rougher ride.

Another comment - you must have another ride since you store your LS for the winter. Have you ever considered driving the LS year round. Many of us in the snow belt (I'm in st. Paul, MN) change to winter tires from about Nov. to April or so. I bought another set of LS rims on Ebay and have the winter tires mounted - store them in garage during the summer months. Winter tires work great in ice and snow and allow us to use car year round.

Having grown up In Syracuse, NY, the reason for storing a vehicle in the winter is not usually because one is concerned with the handling in snow but rather not salting the unit up. Salt destroys cars so we would always purchase a "winter rat" to drive through the winter. We bought cheap cars, snow tired them up and beat the crap out of them all winter. In the spring, the final torture would finish them off. Then we hauled them to the boneyard. I would not want my cars salted again having lost many a car to that stuff.

Yikes! Tacky as heck, definitely not becoming of an LS400 imo. I was looking at new rims myself but decided to resurface my current ones. Nothing beats classic!

What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

WOW those look AWSOME!!! I think they would look sweet. The only thing is you can't change the bolt pattern. Sorry your best bet is to search for wheels that have your pattern first 114.3x5 I believe and then see how they look. No sense in falling in love with something you can't have.

K. so ive decided to go with these, problem is the bolt pattern is wrong??..!! is there any way to get these to fit???

thanks

Has a Lexus emblem on it, looks like the LS460 OE alloy, why would the bolt pattern be wrong? Any Toyota 5 bolt wheel is 5x114.3.

Any Lexus or Toyota 5lug wheel will fit as long as they clear the brake caliper. So for most choices, at least a 15" wheel since that was OE.

There's a company that makes replica Lexus wheels, they do the LS430, RX330, GS430, and IS350 wheels in silver and gunmetal colors for about $125 each. You can find them on Ebay but can buy direct from them and save the anal raping that Paypal gives you. They may have LS460 replicas in the works or even available already, though not in chrome. IMO, chrome looks like !Removed! anyway, but to each his own.

I know everyone has thier own taste regarding rims but that is a good thing otherwise we would all have the same rims..I have the 18" Chrome rims that came stock but wanted something different, I was looking for a 5 spoke black rim with some chrome accents. It was a pain in the butt to find some that fit. It took Discount Tire five times to find a set of rims that would fit over the calipers on my LS430. I wanted the Gianna Blitz Black with chrome inserts and even though the distributor said they would fit. They do not. FUSION TRACE's will not fit. DUB's would not fit. Even though they were not my first choice last week I put these 18" Motegi MR107's on and I am very happy with them.post-55064-126963600864_thumb.jpg

I'm just giving you all that are looking for rims to make sure that where you are ordering them from to make they will pay for the freight charges when they have to ship them back because they don't fit.

post-55064-126963574334_thumb.jpg

You need to check out Clublexus.com or vipstylecars.com

You'll find all the answers you're looking for.

Just a quick note, if you absolutely must retain every bit of 'couchness' keep the same rim diameter. I had 20's and coilovers and was more than satisfied. All personal preference.

Good quality tasteful 19's or 20's are not ghetto by any means.

• 3 months later...

What do you think?

I think they look sweet. You should throw them on there and drop it real low.