2006 Gs430 Issues

I took my 2006 GS430 on 12/14/09 for the 60k service with a few issues: pulling to the right (blamed on run flat tires), brake squeak (said pads were OK), rear view mirror looking like an etch-a-sketch (heard about a few of these, but too bad, out of warranty and $1500 to replace). They recommended that I call Lexus about the mirror for help. In the meantime, I had the car detailed and carpets cleaned. Soon after, I noticed the carpet was not drying, and we checked for sunroof leaks, etc. I read about the a/c leak on this forum, and took it in to the shop, knowing a dealer repair would not be cheap, but having had recent service I wanted to see what they would do.

They determined that, yes, I do have an a/c leak, but it was impossible for them to find during a regular service because it is located behind the dash. They said they would contact the Lexus advocate on this issue, and the rear-view mirror. After five days of deliberation, the national Lexus advocate declined to help on both issues. The local advocate said they would take care of half of one of the issues: either the $1500 mirror or the $3100 a/c fix and carpet replacement. I opted for the a/c repair and carpet replacement.

Comments?

I took my 2006 GS430 on 12/14/09 for the 60k service with a few issues: pulling to the right (blamed on run flat tires), brake squeak (said pads were OK), rear view mirror looking like an etch-a-sketch (heard about a few of these, but too bad, out of warranty and $1500 to replace). They recommended that I call Lexus about the mirror for help. In the meantime, I had the car detailed and carpets cleaned. Soon after, I noticed the carpet was not drying, and we checked for sunroof leaks, etc. I read about the a/c leak on this forum, and took it in to the shop, knowing a dealer repair would not be cheap, but having had recent service I wanted to see what they would do.

They determined that, yes, I do have an a/c leak, but it was impossible for them to find during a regular service because it is located behind the dash. They said they would contact the Lexus advocate on this issue, and the rear-view mirror. After five days of deliberation, the national Lexus advocate declined to help on both issues. The local advocate said they would take care of half of one of the issues: either the $1500 mirror or the $3100 a/c fix and carpet replacement. I opted for the a/c repair and carpet replacement.

Comments?

Lexus paying half of one of the issue is more than what most other manufacturer might be willing to do, since you are out of warranty. Take it as a gift from Lexus and call it a day. On the other hand, it is troubling to hear that you ahve so many problem on a Lexus that is just out of warranty.

• 4 weeks later...
I took my 2006 GS430 on 12/14/09 for the 60k service with a few issues.

Are you the original owner of this car? Maybe it has some secrets from her childhood days with abusive parents?

I bought exactly the same model/year and had driven 33K miles with ZERO problems.

In fact, I didn't open the hood of my car until 25K, and that was only because my friend needed a jump start of his car.

:)